عبد الفتاح قدسية،
|Born||1953 (age 61–62)
|Service/branch||Syrian Arab Army|
|Years of service||1973-2013|
|Unit||Special Tasks Regiment|
|Commands held||Air Force Intelligence Directorate
Military Intelligence Directorate
National Security Bureau
Deputy Director (2012–present)
|Battles/wars||Yom Kippur War
Syrian civil war
Qudsiyeh is a Major General. He served in the special forces and was the head of the Air Force Intelligence Directorate of Syria. He also served as the head of the Syrian Military Intelligence Directorate from 2009 to July 2012. After the National Security headquarters bombing in July 2012, he was appointed as the deputy director of the National Security Bureau which became headed by Ali Mamlouk. Qudsiyeh was replaced by Rafiq Shahadah as general director of the military intelligence.
Since 9 May 2011, Qudsiyeh is one of several officials sanctioned by the European Union. He was added to the European Union's sanction list on the grounds that he "involved in violence against the civilian population" during the Syrian civil war. He was also sanctioned by the United States and the Swiss government.
- "Bashar al-Assad's inner circle". BBC. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "List of natural and legal persons". Official Journal of the EU. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Ordinance instituting measures against Syria" (PDF). Federal Department of Economy. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- Black, Ian (28 April 2011). "Six Syrians who helped Bashar al-Assad keep iron grip after father's death". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Kaphie, Anud (18 July 2012). "Who’s who in Bashar al-Assad’s inner circle?". The Washington Post. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Assad reshuffles top security posts after bombing that killed four senior officials". The Times of Israel (Damascus). 24 July 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- Syria's Assad 'reshuffles security chiefs' UPI, 21 October 2010
- List of 13 Syrian officials blacklisted by the EU Youkal accessed 21 July 2012 (Arabic)
- State funeral for three Syrian officials as Assad’s inner circle shrinks The Daily Star 21 July 2012