Abdel Rahman el-Abnudi
|Abdel Rahman el-Abnudi|
|Native name||عبد الرحمن الأبنودي|
|Born||11 April 1938|
|Died||21 April 2015(aged 77)|
Abdel Rahman el-Abnudi (Arabic: عبد الرحمن الأبنودى, 11 April 1938 – 21 April 2015) was a popular Egyptian poet, and later a children's books writer. He was one of a generation of poets who wrote their work in their Egyptian dialect (in Abnudi's case, Sa'idi Arabic) rather than in Classical Arabic, the standard literary language. This literary stance was associated with a militant political engagement: Abnudi and other writers of this school sought to make their literary production part of the process of development and movement towards popular democracy in Egypt. He was formerly the husband of documentary and short film director Attiyat El Abnoudy. He later married Nehal Kamal. He was the father of two children, Nour and Aya.
Many of his works have been set to music by composers including Ezz Eddin Hosni and performed by popular singers such as Abdel Halim Hafez, Najat, Shadia, Sabah, Majida El Roumi, Mohamed Mounir and others. 
- Al-Mawt 'ala al-asfalt (الموت على الأسفلت, Death on the Asphalt) - named in the top 100 African books of the 20th century at the 2001 Zimbabwe International Book Fair.
Most famous poetry
- The allowed and prohibited
- Death on the asphalt
- Charged with forest cat
- Earth and the children
- The silence of the bell
Songs for many singers
- Abdel Halim Hafez: Your son is proud of you (Ebnak Yoalak Ya Batal), Every Time I Say I Repent (Et Touba), Love is Mine (El Hawa Hawaya), The Bosoms of Lovers (Ahdan EL Habayeb), The Day Has Passed (Adda El Nahar), The Christ (El Maseeh) and many other songs.
- Mohamed Rushdie: Under The Trees (Taht El Shagar).
- Najat Al Saghira: The Eyes of The Heart (Eyon EL Alb).
- Shadia: Ya Asmarany el loon .
- Sabah (singer) : Sometimes (Saat Saat).
- Warda Al-Jazairia: Lovers of course (Tabaan Ahbab).
- Majida El Roumi: From Beirut (Mn Bairout), I love you Egypt (Bahoaki Ya Masr).
- Mohamed Mounir: Chocolate (Shokolata), All Things Reminds me (Kol EL Hagat), I am not Innocent (Msh Baryi2), Outside Windows (Barrah EL Shababeek), A Summer Moon (Amar Seify), Younis, My Heart doesn't seem like me (Alby Mayshbehnish), Oh Bird (Ya Hamam)
- Cairokee: Ehna el shaab (We are the People)
- El Masry, E., "Egyptian Poet Abdel Rahman El-Abnudi Passes Away At The Age Of 76" [Obituary], Egyptian Streets, 21 April, 2015 Online:
- , English Article titled “Who is Najat Al Saghira? “, 2015, Accessed 2015/08/28.
|This article about an Egyptian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|