|Full name||Abdelhak Nouri|
|Date of birth||2 April 1997|
|Place of birth||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 June 2017|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18 July 2016
Abdelhak ″Appie″ Nouri (born 2 April 1997) is a former Dutch professional footballer who played as a midfielder for Eredivisie club Ajax. Nouri operated primarily as an attacking midfielder, but could also be deployed as a winger.
In July 2017, during a match, Nouri collapsed and suffered a cardiac arrhythmia attack, which left him with severe and permanent brain damage. Despite his condition, Nouri was listed as a member of the Ajax first team squad ahead of the 2017–18 season.
Nouri was born in Amsterdam, and is of Moroccan descent. He made his name as a footballer largely in his youth, attracting attention from multiple publications as a future star. He was named as one of the best 40 youth players by The Guardian in 2014, before he made his professional debut.
Nouri is a youth exponent from the academy at Ajax. He made his professional debut for the reserve side, Jong Ajax, on 13 March 2015, in a Eerste Divisie game against VVV Venlo, replacing Danny Bakker after 78 minutes in a 1–0 loss.
On 21 September 2016, Nouri made his official first-team debut in a KNVB Cup match against Willem II, and scored a goal. His exploits throughout the season for Jong Ajax saw him being gifted the Player of the Season award for the 2016–17 season, as well as a promotion to the first team.
On 8 July 2017, Nouri collapsed during a friendly match against Werder Bremen, due to cardiac arrhythmia. He was taken to the hospital by a trauma helicopter, and his condition was announced as stable. Five days later, however, Ajax reported that Nouri had suffered severe and permanent brain damage as a direct result of the incident. Nouri eventually left intensive care on 25 July 2017, being able to breathe unaided, but will not be able to play football again. In June 2018, Ajax announced an investigation had found that the medical treatment Nouri received on the field was "inadequate". In August 2018, he came out of a year long coma with Nouri said to be able to recognise and communicate with members of his family by moving his mouth and eyebrows.
- Best player of AEGON Future Cup: 2014
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- Eerste Divisie Player of the Season: 2016–17
- "Ajax's Abdelhak Nouri out of intensive care and breathing unaided".
- "Definitieve rugnummers seizoen 2017-2018, Ajax.nl".
- "Laatste interview 'Appie' Nouri vanavond op tv".
- sport, Guardian; Blight, Garry; sport, Guardian; Blight, Garry. "Next Generation 2014: 40 of the best young talents in world football" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "VVV Venlo vs. Jong Ajax - 13 March 2015 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- AFC Ajax on Twitter
- AFC Ajax on Twitter
- "Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri collapses during pre-season friendly". BBC Sport. 8 July 2017.
- "Ajax midfielder Nouri suffers 'permanent brain damage'". ITV News. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Update situatie Abdelhak Nouri" (in Dutch). AFC Ajax N.V. 25 July 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "Abdelhak Nouri: Ajax say medical treatment of midfielder was "inadequate"". BBC Sport. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- Sky Sports News (21 August 2018). "Ajax's Nouri awake after year-long coma". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "2016/17: United win it for Manchester". UEFA. 30 May 2017.
- "Nouri verkozen tot grootste talent". Ajaxshowtime.nl. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Abdelhak Nouri at Soccerway