Abdoulaye Bio Tchané
Abdoulaye Bio Tchané (born November 1952) is a Beninese economist and politician.
Early life and education
Bio Tchané began his career at the Central Bank of West African States, rising to become director of the economic and monetary survey department. He served as Minister of Finance under Mathieu Kérékou from 1998 to 2002. Bio Tchané directed the Africa Division of the International Monetary Fund from 2002 to 2007, and he was president of the West African Development Bank from 2008 to 2010.
As a candidate in the 2011 presidential election, Bio Tchané was considered one of the favorites, but he ultimately placed a distant third. Five years later, he received 8.9 percent of the vote in the 2016 presidential election. In the second round of voting Bio Tchané backed Patrice Talon, and following Talon's victory Bio Tchané was appointed to the government as Minister of State for Planning and Development on 6 April 2016.
- African Development Bank (AfDB), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2016)
- Islamic Development Bank, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2016)
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), World Bank Group, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2016)
- World Bank, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2016)
- Houngnikpo & Decalo 2013, p. 81
- Houngnikpo & Decalo 2013, p. 82
- "Benin postpones presidential vote to March 6", The Nation, 11 February 2011.
- "Proclamation des résultats provisoires de l'élection présidentielle du 6 mars 2016" (PDF). www.cour-constitutionnelle-benin.org (in French). Cour constitutionnelle du Bénin. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- Vincent Duhem, "Bénin : Patrice Talon nomme un gouvernement sans Premier ministre", Jeune Afrique, 6 April 2016 (in French).
- Abdoulaye Bio Tchané : « Boni Yayi a laissé le Bénin dans un état catastrophique » Le Monde
- AfDB Annual Report 2017 African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Board of Governors Islamic Development Bank.
- Board of Governors Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), World Bank Group.
- Board of Governors World Bank.
- Houngnikpo, Mathurin; Decalo, Samuel (2013). Historical Dictionary of Benin. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 0810871718.
|This Beninese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|