Abdulaziz bin Majid Al Saud
|Abdulaziz bin Majid Al Saud|
|Relatives||Saud bin Abdul Muhsin Al Saud (father in law)|
|Governor of Madinah Province|
|In office||22 October 2005 – 14 January 2013|
|Predecessor||Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud|
|Successor||Faisal bin Salman Al Saud|
|House||House of Saud|
Early life and education
Prince Abdulaziz's father is Majid bin Abdulaziz.and a full-brother of Prince Sattam. Abdulaziz's mother is Nuf bint Abdallah Al Fahd Al Muhanna. Abdulaziz bin Majid is the full brother of Prince Mishaal and he also has five sisters. One of his sisters, Jawaher bint Majid, is the first Saudi woman to have been granted the title of the patron of arts in Saudi Arabia.
Abdulaziz bin Majid is former deputy governor of Al-Qassim Province where the governor was Faisal bin Bandar. His tenure lasted until October 2005. When then-governor of Madinah Province Muqrin bin Abdulaziz was appointed as head of the General Intelligence Presidency, Abdulaziz bin Majid was appointed governor of the province in October 2005. His term was extended for four years in 2009.
Abdulaziz bin Majid is vice chairman of the Majid Society that was founded by his father in 1998 for charitable purposes.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "Family Tree of Majid bin Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman al Saud". Datarabia. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Princess Jawahir bint Majid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud". Arab women. Archived from the original on 18 October 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- "Emirs of Madinah". Ministry of Interior. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Raphaeli, Nimrod (2003). "Saudi Arabia: A brief guide to its politics and problems" (PDF). MERIA. 7 (3): 20–33. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Prince Abdul Aziz bin Majid visits those injured in shootout". SAMIRAD. 28 September 2003. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- P.K. Abdul Ghafour (23 October 2005). "Prince Muqrin New Intelligence Chief". Arab News. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "About Saudi Arabia". Saudi Embassy, Washington D.C. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Prince Miqrin Appointed President Of General Intelligence". SAMIRAD. 22 October 2005. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Services of Chief of General Intelligence, Governor of Madinah extended". Saudi Embassy Washington. 7 September 2009. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- "Prince Faisal bin Salman new Madinah governor". Asharq Al Awsat. 14 January 2013. Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Saudi King Moves His Son One Step Closer to Throne". Al Akhbar. 2 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "His Royal Highness Prince Majid Bin Abdulaziz". Majid Society. Archived from the original on 17 June 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2012.[not in citation given]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abdulaziz bin Majid Al Saud.|
Muqrin bin Abdulaziz
|Governor of Madinah Province
Faisal bin Salman