Abdul Majid Rouzi
|Allegiance||Junbish-e Milli-yi Islami-yi Afghanistan|
In 1992 Rouzi was in charge of the overall command of the forces of Junbish. During the battle of Kabul, Majid Rouzi was reportedly profiting from the looting of Kabul by his forces and the forces of General Dostum. He was recalled to Mazar-e Sharif in 1992.
General Majid Rouzi, at the time in Baghdis Province was one of the commanders who sided with Abdul Malik when he defected to the Taliban in 1997. He proceeded to arrest Dostum's commanders as well as Ismail Khan who he handed over to the governor of Herat Mullah Abdul Razzaq Akhundzada.
From November 25-December 1 he was in charge of Dostum's forces at the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi in which approximately 300-400 prisoners were killed.
On February 3, 2002, in the face of escalating conflict in Mazar-e Sharif, Majid Rouzi lead a 600-person mixed security force for the city drawn from each of the 5 parties operating in the region, after a United Nations backed agreement. This post will include 240 members of Jamiat-e Islami, 180 members from Junbushi and 180 members from the 3 Hazara parties such as Hezb-e Wahdat.
- Afghanistan Justice Project. "Casting Shadows: War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity, 1978-2001." 2005. Accessed at: http://www.afghanistanjusticeproject.org/ [Accessed on 10 November 2009], pg 102
- Human Rights Watch. "Blood Stained Hands: Past atrocities in Kabul and Afghanistan's Legacy of Impunity." 2005. Accessed at: www.hrw.org/reports/2005/afghanistan0605/afghanistan0605.pdf [Accessed on 22 November 2009],54
- Gutman, Roy. How we missed the story. Accessed at: http://books.google.ca/books?id=A9eqvc-Ru3cC&pg=PA104&lpg=PA104&dq=Majid+Rozi&source=bl&ots=4k48wYXeSi&sig=C2bXj8350vkvwg0mGgKrA-RvixE&hl=en&ei=59ocS7e7KIGqsAbu95CQBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Majid Rozi&f=false Page 104
- Gal, Carlotta. "Mass grave may reveal Northern Alliance atrocities; Decaying bodies in desert believed to be Taliban." New York Times. Dasht-e Laili, Afghanistan. 5 May 2002. Accessed at: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/01/world/study-hints-at-mass-killing-of-the-taliban.html.
- "Paying for the Taliban's Crimes". Human Rights Watch. 9 April 2002.