Abdul Majid Samim
|Abdul Majid Samim|
|Known for||Afghan Presidential candidate|
Abdul Majid Samim is a citizen of Afghanistan who was a candidate in Afghanistan's 2009 Presidential elections. He dropped out of the race on August 3, 2009, approximately two weeks before the election date. When he dropped out he said "Since the people consider Karzai a better candidate, I don't want to challenge him, because public aspirations are more important than my personal ambitions. If the people accept Karzai, so do I."
- Rahmani (2009-08-03). "A third candidate retires in favour of President Karzai". Pajhwok Afghan News. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "Another Afghan presidential hopeful withdraws in favor of incumbent Karzai". e-ariana. 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
Presidential candidate Abdul Majid Samim withdrew in favor of incumbent President Hamid Karzai and asked his supporters to cast their vote for his re-election.
- "Another Afghan presidential hopeful withdraws in favor of incumbent Karzai". Xinhua. 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "4 presidential candidates withdraw in Karzai's favor". Afghanistan Times. 2009-08-17. Archived from the original on 2009-08-30.
- Ghafoor Saboory (2009-08-03). "Afghan Candidate Steps Down in Karzai’s Favor". quqnoos. Archived from the original on August 26, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
|This article about an Afghan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|