Abdul Manan Ismail
|Yang Berhormat Dato' Haji|
Abdul Manan Ismail
|Member of Parliament|
for Paya Besar, Pahang
|Preceded by||Siti Zaharah Sulaiman|
|Member of the Pahang State Legislative Assembly|
|Preceded by||New constituency|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Zaili Besar|
28 June 1948|
Pahang, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
February 12, 2018 (aged 69)|
Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Political party||UMNO–Barisan Nasional|
|Residence||Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
Dato' Haji Abdul Manan Ismail (28 June 1948 – 12 February 2018) was a Malaysian politician. He is the Member of Parliament for the Paya Besar constituency in Pahang. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) party in the governing Barisan Nasional coalition.
Abdul Manan served was a long-serving private secretary to Najib Razak while the latter was a federal minister. In 2004 he was elected to the State Assembly of Pahang, representing the constituency of Panching.
In the 2008 general election, Abdul Manan contested the Paya Besar parliamentary constituency, replacing former government minister Siti Zaharah Sulaiman as UMNO's nominee for the seat. Abdul Manan won the seat, defeating Mohd Jafri Ab Rashid of the People's Justice Party by an 8,503 majority. In 2010 he was appointed chairman of the Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia, and in 2013 he retained his parliamentary seat with a margin of 7,715 votes.
Abdul Manan died on February 12, 2018 at the age of 69 of suspected heart attack after falling in a bathroom.
|2008||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||19,355||63%||Mohd Jafri Ab Rashid (PKR)||10,852||35%|
|2013||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||23,747||58%||Murni Hidayah Anuar (PKR)||16,032||39%|
|2004||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||7,527||66%||Yusof Embong (PAS)||3,780||33%|
- "Abdul Manan bin Ismail, Y.B. Dato' Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "YB Dato' Haji Abdul Manan Ismail". MyIPO. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Pahang BN To Field 30 Percent New Faces". Berita Wilayah. Bernama. 22 February 2008. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Ahli Parlimen Paya Besar meninggal dunia". Sinar Harian. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|