Abdul Manan Ismail
Abdul Manan Ismail
|Member of Parliament|
for Paya Besar, Pahang
8 March 2008 – 12 February 2018
|Preceded by||Siti Zaharah Sulaiman (UMNO–BN)|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Shahar Abdullah (UMNO–BN)|
|Member of the Pahang State Legislative Assembly|
21 March 2004 – 8 March 2008
|Preceded by||New constituency|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Zaili Besar (UMNO–BN)|
|Born||28 June 1948|
Pahang, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Died||12 February 2018 (aged 69)|
Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Political party||UMNO–Barisan Nasional|
|Residence||Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
Dato' Haji Abdul Manan bin Ismail (28 June 1948 – 12 February 2018) was a Malaysian politician. He was the Member of Parliament for the Paya Besar constituency in Pahang. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) major component party in the previous governing Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.
Abdul Manan served was a long-serving private secretary to Najib Razak while the latter was a federal minister. In 2004 general election, he was elected to the Pahang State Legislative Assembly, representing the constituency of Panching.
In the 2008 general election, Abdul Manan contested the Paya Besar parliamentary constituency, replacing former government minister Siti Zaharah Sulaiman as UMNO's nominee for the seat. Abdul Manan won the seat, defeating Mohd Jafri Ab Rashid of the People's Justice Party (PKR) by an 8,503 majority. In 2010 he was appointed chairman of the Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia, and in 2013 general election he retained his parliamentary seat with a margin of 7,715 votes.
Abdul Manan died on February 12, 2018 at the age of 69 of suspected heart attack after falling in a bathroom.
|2004||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||7,527||66%||Yusof Embong (PAS)||3,780||33%||3,747|
|2008||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||19,355||63%||Mohd Jafri Ab Rashid (PKR)||10,852||35%||8,503|
|2013||Abdul Manan Ismail (UMNO)||23,747||58%||Murni Hidayah Anuar (PKR)||16,032||39%||7,715|
- "Abdul Manan bin Ismail, Y.B. Dato' Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "YB Dato' Haji Abdul Manan Ismail". MyIPO. Archived from the original on 24 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Pahang BN To Field 30 Percent New Faces". Berita Wilayah. Bernama. 22 February 2008. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Ahli Parlimen Paya Besar meninggal dunia". Sinar Harian. 12 February 2018. Archived from the original on 13 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|