Abdul Qavi Desnavi
Abdul Qavi Desnavi
|Born||1 November 1930|
Desna, Bihar, British India
|Died||7 July 2011 (aged 80)|
|Occupation||Professor, writer, critic, linguist|
Abdul Qavi Desnavi (1 November 1930 – 7 July 2011) was an Indian Urdu language writer, critic, bibliographer and linguist. He wrote many books on Urdu literature. His work included about Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Mirza Ghalib and Allama Muhammad Iqbal. He was awarded with several awards for his literary work.
Desnavi was born in village Desna, Bihar of block Asthawan under NALANDA District in bihar state . to the family of Muslim scholar Sulaiman Nadvi, who claimed to be descended from and who was a recognized historian and biographer of Muhammad. Desnavi was the son of Syed Mohammed Saeed Raza, who was Professor of Urdu, Arabic and Persian languages in St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. Desnavi had two brothers, elder Prof. Syed Mohi Raza and younger Syed Abdul Wali Desnavi.
Desnavi got his primary education in Arrah town of Bihar state. He completed his Graduation and Post Graduation in First from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. He joined Urdu department in Saifia Post Graduate College in February 1961. He became Professor and head of the Urdu department of Saifia College. He was a well known literary figure in India and in the Urdu world.
- Allama Iqbal Bhopal Mein, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1967)
- Bhopal Aur Ghalib, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1969)
- Nuskha-E-Bhopal Aur Nuskha-A-Bhopal Sani, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1970)
- Motala—E—Khotoot—E—Ghalib (1975) (Edition 2nd) (1979)
- Iqbal Uneesween Sadi Mein, publisher, Naseem Book Depot, (1977)
- Iqbal Aur Dilli, Publisher Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi (1978)
- Iqbal Aur Darul Iqbal Bhopal, publisher, Naseem Book Depot, (1983)
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash, Makataba Jamia, (1984)
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash, publisher, Globe Publishers, Urdu Bazar Lahore, Pakistan (1985)
- Abul Kalam Azad Urdu, Publisher Sahitya Akademi (1987)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Mohiuddin Ahmad Azad Dehlavi (1988)
- Talash—E—Azad, publisher, Maharashtra Urdu Academy
- Hayat Abul Kalam Azad (2000),Publisher, Modern Publishing House New Delhi.
On 1 November 2017, Google showed a Google Doodle in honouring Desnavi's 87th birthday.
- "Noted Urdu Litterateur Abdul Qavi Desnavi Dead". OutLookIndia.com. 7 July 2011. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Abdul Qavi Desnavi (professor)". KhojKhabarNews.com. 23 February 2010. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Noted Scholar Qavi Dednavi is no more". The IndianAwaaz.com. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Noted Urdu litterateur". IbnLive.in.com. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Abdul Qavi Desnavi, the prolific Urdu author, honoured in today's Google Doodle on 87th birthday". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2 November 2017.