Abdul Rahman Mohamad
Abdul Rahman Mohamad
|2020–||Deputy Minister of Rural Development|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|Faction represented in Pahang State Legislative Assembly|
Abdul Rahman bin Mohamad
13 April 1964
Lipis, Pahang, Malaysia
|Political party||United Malay National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Abdul Rahman bin Mohamad (Jawi: عبدالرحمن بن محمد; is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Rural Development I in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Mahdzir Khalid since August 2021. He served his first term in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Abdul Latiff Ahmad from March 2020 to August 2021 and Member of Parliament (MP) for Lipis since May 2013. He served as Member of the Pahang State Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Padang Tengku from March 2004 to May 2013. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), a component party of the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition which is aligned with the ruling PN coalition.
Abdul Rahman contested Padang Tengku assembly state in 2004 and re-elected in 2008 general election. He contested Lipis parliamentary seat in 2013 and won that seat. He contested again in 2018 general election and retained the seat.
|2004||N03 Padang Tengku, P079 Lipis||Abdul Rahman Mohamad (UMNO)||4,683||60.46%||Abdullah Abdul Wahab (PAS)||3,062||39.54%||7,876||1,621||79.64%|
|2008||Abdul Rahman Mohamad (UMNO)||4,653||57.32%||Roslan Zainal (PAS)||3,465||42.68%||8,298||1,188||80.70%|
|2013||P079 Lipis||Abdul Rahman Mohamad (UMNO)||14,863||55.96%||Mohd Mahyuddin Ghazal @ Razali (PAS)||11,394||42.90%||27,126||3,469||83.92%|
|Aishaton Abu Bakar (IND)||303||1.14%|
|2018||Abdul Rahman Mohamad (UMNO)||13,995||49.82%||Badarudin Abd Rahaman (PPBM)||7,426||26.43%||28,666||6,569||81.22%|
|Sobirin Duli (PAS)||6,671||23.75%|
- Pahang :
- "Senarai penuh kabinet Muhyiddin" (in Malay). Malaysiakini. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 14 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout, including votes for third parties. Results before 1986 election unavailable.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE – 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.