Abdul Rashid Moten
Abdul Rashid Moten (born February 20, 1947) is a Bangladeshi Muslim political scientist, academic, and author on issues ranging from political science and its various aspects, Islamic methodology in political science, political movements in the Muslim world, and good governance from the Islamic perspective. According to Worldcat, he is the author of 42 works in 81 publications in 3 languages. His book Political Science: An Islamic Perspective is held by nearly 300 libraries.
After completing his B.A. and M.A. in political science from the University of Dhaka, Moten completed a second M.A., in political theory, from Villanova University in the U.S., and his Ph.D. from the University of Alberta in Canada.
Starting his career from 1972 at Chittagong University, Bangladesh, Moten joined the University of Alberta as a lecturer of the Department of Political Science in 1976, followed by Bayero University in the Department of Political Science (1978–92) and finally joined International Islamic University Malaysia (1992–present), where he later became Professor in the Department of Political Science.
He has written and edited numerous books and published a large number of academic articles. A list of books by the author include:
- Moten, Abdul Rashid (1988). Islam and Revolution: Contribution of Sayyid Mawdudi. Kano: Bureau for Islamic Propagation. OCLC 20321470.
- Molla, Rafiqul Islam; ——; Gusau, S.; Gwandu, A. A., eds. (1988). Frontiers and Mechanics of Islamic Economics. Sokoto: University of Sokoto. OCLC 956990962.
- ——; Bajulaiye-Shasi, M. O. K., eds. (1990). Nature and Methodology of Islamic Economics. Kano: Bayero University. ISBN 9789782035004.
- Alkali, Nura; Adamu, Adamu; Yadudu, Awwal; ——; Salihi, Haruna, eds. (1993). Islam in Africa: Proceedings of the Islam in Africa Conference. Ibadan: Spectrum Books. ISBN 9789782461230.
- —— (1996). Political Science: An Islamic Perspective. Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-333-64311-2.
- —— (2002). Revolution to Revolution: Jamā'at-e-Islāmī in the Politics of Pakistan. Kuala Lumpur: Islamic Book Trust. ISBN 9789839154429.
- ——; Salam, El-Fatih A. Abdel (2005). Glossary of Political Science Terms: Islamic and Western. Singapore: Thomson Learning. ISBN 978-981-254-529-9.
- ——; Islam, Syed Serajul (2005). Introduction to Political Science. Singapore: Thomson Learning. ISBN 978-981-254-531-2.
- Islam, Syed Serajul; —— (2005). Political Science: A Primer. Singapore: Thomson Learning. ISBN 978-981-254-530-5.
- ——; Noraini, Mohd. Noor (2007). Terrorism Democracy: The West & The Muslim World. Singapore: Thomson Learning. ISBN 9789814227131.
- —— (2008). Government and Politics in Malaysia. Singapore: Cengage Learning. ISBN 9789814239271.
- —— (2009). Writing Research Proposals & Theses: Substance, Structure and Style. Malaysia: Prentice Hall. ISBN 9789814239271.