Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqaleh (Arabic:عبد العزيز المقالح) (born 1937) is a Yemeni poet and writer. He follows the school of free poetry and he is the Yemen's first poet to win the Al-Owais cultural Award
Al-Maqaleh was born in 1937 in the village of Maqaleh in the governorate of Ibb and studied and finished his BA in 1970. In 1977, he received his master's degree and PhD in 1977 from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt.
During 1982 - 2001, Al-Maqaleh worked as the President of Sana'a University, and then as the Head of the Center for Studies and Research Yemen, Sanaa.
- Lotus Award, 1986
- Order of Arts and Letters, Aden, 1980
- Order of Arts and Letters, Sanaa, 1982
- Sharjah Prize for Arab Culture, in collaboration with UNESCO, Paris, 2002
- Knight Award of the first degree in literature and arts from the French Government, 2003
- Arab Culture Award, Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science, 2004
- Writer's website, CV. Archived December 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Abdul Aziz Al- Makaleh wins Al-Oais Foundation Award Archived July 18, 2011, at the Wayback Machine - Yemen Times, Published:07-01-2010.
- "Abdulaziz al-Maqaleh: The most dangerous thing we face is the invasion from within" (interview with Ibrahim al-Jaradi 29 December 2015) (in Arabic) alaraby.co.uk
- Abdulaziz Maqaleh (in Arabic) alyamanalaraby.com
- Dr Abdullaziz AlMaqaleh Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine - Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation.
- Abdul-Aziz Al-Maqaleh, one of Yemen's greatest poets Yemen Observer
|This article about a Yemeni writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|