Abdullah bin Khalifa of Zanzibar
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2014)|
Sayyid Sir Abdullah bin Khalifa Al-Said, KBE, CMG (February 12, 1910 – July 1, 1963) (Arabic: عبد الله بن خليفة) was the 10th Sultan of Zanzibar after the death of his father, Khalifa bin Harub, who died on 9 October 1960 at age eighty-one. He was less popular than his father and had a rough reign as Sultan, as at the time of his death both his legs were amputated.
- 1910–1936: Sayyid Abdullah bin Khalifa
- 1936–1959: Sayyid Abdullah bin Khalifa, CMG
- 1959–1960: Sayyid Sir Abdullah bin Khalifa, KBE, CMG
- 1960–1963: His Highness Sultan Sayyid Sir Abdullah bin Khalifa, Sultan of Zanzibar, KBE, CMG
- King George V Silver Jubilee Medal-1935
- Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG)-1936
- Order of the Brilliant Star of Zanzibar, 1st Class-(1936–1960, then Sovereign to 1963)
- Sultan Khalifa II Silver Jubilee Medal-1937
- King George VI Coronation Medal-1937
- Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal-1953
- Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE)-1959
- Sayyid Jamshid Bin Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
- Sayyida Sughiya Bint Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
- Sayyida Sindiya Bint Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
- Sayyid Mohammed Bin Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
- Sayyida Shariffa Bint Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
- Sayyida Harub Bin Abdullah Bin Khalifa Bin Harub.
|Ancestors of Abdullah bin Khalifa of Zanzibar|
- Brennan, James R. (2008-10-01). "Lowering the Sultan's Flag: Sovereignty and Decolonization in Coastal Kenya". Comparative Studies in Society and History. 50 (4): 831–861. doi:10.1017/S0010417508000364. ISSN 1475-2999.
- McIntyre, Chris (2013). Zanzibar. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 25. ISBN 1841624586.
Abdullah bin Khalifa of ZanzibarBorn: February 12 1910 Died: July 1 1963
Khalifa bin Harub
|Sultan of Zanzibar
Jamshid bin Abdullah
|This Zanzibari biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of an African royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|