Abdullahi Ibrahim Gobir
|Abdullahi Ibrahim Gobir|
|Preceded by||Abubakar Umar Gada|
|Born||January 1, 1953
Sabon Birni, Sokoto State
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Gobir holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Detroit in the United States, and a doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering and Energy from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in Bauchi, Nigeria. He is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical Engineers (UK) and of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
Gobir began his career with the Ministry of Communication, and then joined the Nigerian Television Authority in Sokoto. He became a Director of Union Bank of Nigeria in 2002. He also became Managing Director of Taifo Multi Services Limited, Abuja. Before entering politics he was chairman of the Cement Company of Northern Nigeria, based in the state.
- Adamu Suleiman (April 12, 2011). "PDP wins Senate, Reps seats in Sokoto". gbooza. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- "Ibrahim A. Gobir MFR". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- "Engr. (Dr.) Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir, Non-Executive Director". Union Bank of Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- "DR. IBRAHIM ABDULLAHI GOBIR". Total Nigeria. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- ABDALLAH EL-KUREBE (March 29, 2011). "Battle for Senate: The contenders and pretenders". Vanguard. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
- Abdallah el-Kurebe (January 27, 2011). "Don’t interfere with people’s choice, Delegates advise PDP". Vanguard. Retrieved 2011-04-22.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|