Abdur Razzak (politician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Md. Abdur Razzak|
|Member of the Bangladesh Parliament
for Tangail-1 (Madhupur)
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
|Alma mater||Bangladesh Agricultural University
Abdur Razzak (born 1 February 1950) is a Bangladeshi politician. He is Member of Parliament for Tanagil-1. He served as Minister of Food and Disaster Management from 2009 to 2012 and then as Minister of Food until 2013.
Contribution in Liberation War 1971
In the 6 point, 11 point and anti-Ayub movement, Razzak took an essential part. He was a company commander in 1971 liberation war of Bangladesh. He is one of the freedom fighters in Tangail Zila.
He was born into a distinguished Muslim family in Musuddi village of Tangail subdivision, East Pakistan (now Dhanbari Upazila, Tangail District, Bangladesh). Late Jalal Uddin and Rezia Khatun are his parents. He has distinctively completed graduation with honors from Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) in 1971 and also completed post graduation in 1972 from the same campus. From Purdue University, US, he achieved his PhD in 1983. He is one among the very few experts on this land on 'Farming System Research' and 'Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development'. He has further studied in East Angelia University-UK & participated in several training programs at home and abroad. He started his career by joining 'Bangladesh Agricultural Development Council(BARC)' as a scientific officer and ended as the chief scientific officer in 2001.
Razzak started his political career in student life.
Razzak has been the Member of Parliament for Tanagil-1 since 2001. He was appointed Minister of Food and Disaster Management in 2009. After the ministry was split in two in 2012, he continued as Minister of Food until 2013.
- Bangladesh Agriculture Research Council (former director)
- Bangladesh Agronomist Institution (secretary general) of in 1996–97
- "Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award 2013: Muhammad Abdur Razzaque, PhD ’83". ConnectionsNow!. Purdue University College of Agriculture. 27 February 2013. Archived from the original on 15 September 2015.
- "Life Sketch of Honorable Minister, Dr. Muhammad Abdur Razzaque" (PDF). UNICEF. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "List of Members of 8th Parliament of Bangladesh Jatiyo Sangsad" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "MPs of 9th Parliament - Constituency 130". Bangladesh Parliament. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "MPs of 10th Parliament - Constituency 130_10th_En". Bangladesh Parliament. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Food and Disaster Management Ministry splits again". bdnews24.com. 15 September 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- Ahmed, Shamim; Islam, Shahidul (21 November 2013). "Rowshan gets health, Menon telecom". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
|This article about a Bangladeshi politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|