$800 in 1974
The Abe Midget is a homebuilt aircraft design from builder Keiichi Abe of Japan. The aircraft was built with help from the Kushiro Aero Club. The Midget is a rare example of a homebuilt aircraft designed and built for operations in Japan.
Data from Sport Aviation
- Capacity: one
- Length: 5.5 m (18 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 7.5 m (24 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 8.747 m2 (94.15 sq ft)
- Airfoil: Goettingen 387
- Empty weight: 170 kg (375 lb)
- Gross weight: 285 kg (628 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Toyota Two cylnder auto modification., 26 kW (35 hp)
- Maximum speed: 90 km/h (56 mph; 49 kn)
- Cruising speed: 80 km/h (50 mph; 43 kn)
- Stall speed: 58 km/h (36 mph; 31 kn)
- Sport Aviation. September 1974.