Abe Vigoda (band)
|Origin||Chino, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Earlier: tropical punk rock, tropicalismo|
Later: Dark Wave, Post-punk, Shoegaze
Post Present Medium
Not Not Fun
|Associated acts||Emergency Ensemble|
|Past members||Gerardo "Reggie" Guerrero|
Abe Vigoda was an American punk rock band based in Los Angeles, California, United States, originally from Chino, California; a city in the Inland Empire. They frequently performed at the Smell.
The band formed right after the members finished high school. The name is a reference to Abe Vigoda. Skeleton, Abe Vigoda's third album, was released on July 8, 2008. In 2009, the EP Reviver followed. They finished recording their fourth album titled Crush on February 24, 2010 and it was released on September 20, 2010 and was ranked 40th on Pitchfork Media's list The Top 50 Albums of 2010. Their album, Crush was a full transition for the band from their earlier sounds.
- Reviver (2009)
- Abe Vigoda / Child Pornography (2006)
- Abe Vigoda / Mikaela's Fiend (2007)
- Animal Ghosts (2007)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-07-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "olFactory Records » Abe Vigoda". Thesmell.org. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "DiScover: Abe Vigoda". DrownedInSound.com. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- Roberts, Randall. "With the Smell's future uncertain, L.A.'s music scene could be altered". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Band of the Week: Abe Vigoda". Pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Rejoice: Abe Vigoda announce new album details". DrownedInSound.com. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- Weigel, Brandon. "Abe Vigoda's new album". The Washington Post. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- bio on AllMusic
- Abe Vigoda on Myspace
- Abe Vigoda makes a guest appearance on Radio Happy Hour and plays a song
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|