|Full name||Abel Molinero Pons|
|Date of birth||28 April 1989|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 June 2015.
Born in Madrid, Molinero started playing as a senior with local Atlético Madrid's C-team, going on to appear sparingly for the B-side over the course of two Segunda División B seasons. His best output with the latter consisted of nine games and one goal, in 2010–11.
In the 2011 summer Molinero signed with UD Almería, being assigned to the reserves also in the third level. On 13 December he made his debut with the Andalusians' first team, coming on as a substitute for Omar in a 1–3 home loss against CA Osasuna for the campaign's Copa del Rey (2–4 on aggregate).
On 26 June 2012 Molinero was definitely promoted to Almería's main squad, with the side in Segunda División. On 2 September of the following year, the free agent signed a short-term contract with neighbouring Real Jaén.
- Abel, del Atlético Madrid B, quinto fichaje del Almería B (Abel, from Atlético Madrid B, fifth signing of Almería B); Almería's official website, 16 July 2011 (Spanish)
- Almería 1–3 Osasuna; RFEF, 13 December 2011 (Spanish)
- Abel Molinero se convierte en jugador de la primera plantilla de la UD Almería (Abel Molinero becomes UD Almería's first-team player); Almería's official website, 26 June 2012 (Spanish)
- El Jaén ficha al centrocampista Abel Molinero (Jaén sign midfielder Abel Molinero); Marca, 3 September 2013 (Spanish)
- Abel Molinero ficha por el San Fernando (Abel Molinero signs for San Fernando); La Segunda B, 31 January 2014 (Spanish)
- Abel Molinero y Diego Manzano, primeros fichajes del C.D. Guadalajara (Abel Molinero and Diego Manzano, first signings of C.D. Guadalajara); Guadalajara's official website, 8 July 2014 (Spanish)
- El CD Lugo incorpora al mediocentro Abel Molinero, tras pasar esta mañana reconocimiento médico (CD Lugo signs midfielder Abel Molinero, after passing a medical this morning); Lugo's official website, 13 July 2015 (Spanish)