Abel Salazar (actor)
|Born||Abel Salazar García|
24 September 1917
Mexico City, Mexico
|Died||21 October 1995 (aged 78)|
Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
|Occupation||Actor, film director|
|Spouse(s)||Rosita Arenas (1960-19??)|
Gloria Marín (31 May 1958–28 September 1960; divorced
Alicia Cárdenas (1944-1950); 2 children
Abel Salazar García (24 September 1917 – 21 October 1995) was a Mexican actor, producer and director. He appeared in 70 films between 1941 and 1989. He was a son of Don García and his wife, and brother to Don Alfredo Salazar.
After marriages to Alicia Cárdenas and Gloria Marín, he married, lastly, Rosita Arenas, who had been briefly married to Spanish actor Jaime de Mora y Aragón. Salazar and Arenas had a daughter, Rosa Salazar Arenas, a Mexican actress and screenwriter. and is a writer of the Mexican Spanish-language soap opera Llena de amor (English title: Fill me with love), produced by Televisa, that began airing in 2010. She co-authored Rituales Para El Amor, La Belleza y La Prosperidad (1998), with Pita Ojeda.
- La casa del Rencor (1941) - his first film
- La Vírgen morena (1942)
- Capullito de Alhelí (1944)
- Los tres García (1946)
- Mi esposa busca nuvio (1947)
- La Panchita (1948)
- Me ha besado um hombre (1949)
- Una viuda sin sostén (1950)
- What Has That Woman Done to You? (1951)
- Canasta uruguayana (1952)
- Seven Women (1953)
- Mañana cuando amanezca (1954)
- The Coyote (1955)
- El hombre y el monstruo (1958)
- The White Renegade (1960)
- The Curse of the Crying Woman (1961)
- The Brainiac (1962)
- The Adolescents (1968) director
- Tres Mujeres en la Hoguera (1976)
- Ya Nunca Mas director (Never Again, 1984) film debut of Luis Miguel.
- "Abel Salazar, pilar del cine nacional". oem.com. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Staff (19 June 2012). "Abel Salazar". Formula Mexicana. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Pita Ojeda, Rosa Salazar (1988). Rituales Para El Amor, La Belleza y La Prosperidad. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Martina Ochs (23 May 2007). "Kylie Minogue: Der nächste Reinfall – Story auf". Gala.de. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Archives". Tvlatina.tv. 19 November 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2013.(subscription required)
- "Primer Promo Llena de amor" (in Spanish). www.tvyespectaculos.com. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- Pita Ojeda, Rosa Salazar. Rituales Para El Amor, La Belleza y La Prosperidad. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Encyclopedia of Latino Popular Culture Cordelia Candelaria, Peter J. García, Arturo J. Aldama - 2004 031333210X- Volume 1 - Page 550 During this time he began touring internationally and made his film debut in Ya Nunca Mas (Never Again, 1984)."