Aberdeen F.C. Women
|Full name||Aberdeen Football Club Women|
|Founded||January 2011 |
29 November 2018 , as part of Aberdeen F.C.
|Co-managers||Harley Hamdani and |
|League||SWFL 1 North|
|2018||SWPL 2, 7th (relegated)|
Aberdeen Football Club Women, formerly known as Aberdeen Football Club Ladies, is a Scottish women's football club affiliated with Aberdeen Football Club that competes in the SWFL 1 North, the third tier of women's football in Scotland.
Aberdeen F.C. Ladies was formed in January 2011, with the merger of Aberdeen City, Aberdeen University, East End Girls F.C. and Aberdeen Ladies & Girls F.C.
On 12 November 2017, after a 4–2 defeat to Stirling University, Aberdeen were relegated from the SWPL 1, the first tier of the Scottish Women's Premier League. When Stefan Laird left the club, Derek Gordon took over as interim head coach. In 2018, the team, who was left with only four players over the age of 20, finished seventh in the league and was once again relegated.
On 29 November 2018, Aberdeen F.C. launched Aberdeen F.C. Women; the club formalised its relationship with Aberdeen Ladies F.C., who will continue to operate teams from U7s to U19 National Performance League, and invited the senior team to Pittodrie Stadium to sign their official registration forms with the club and begin the process of integration with the club.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Scottish Women's First Division
- Winners (2): 2003–04, 2011
- Scottish Women's Football League Cup
- Winners (1): 2011
- "History - Aberdeen F.C. Ladies". Aberdeen F.C. Ladies. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "AFC Women get set for season kick off". Aberdeen F.C. 30 January 2019. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Dons announce official launch of Aberdeen FC Women". Aberdeen F.C. 29 November 2018. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Oliver, Tim (12 November 2017). "Aberdeen Relegated And Celtic Win Old Firm – SBS SWPL 1 Round-Up – 12 Nov 17". TartanKicks. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Michie, Lewis (21 June 2018). ""We absolutely cannot get relegated" – Aberdeen Interim Boss, Derek Gordon". Scottish Women's Premier League. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Dewar, Heather (24 December 2018). "Celtic Women going full-time hailed a 'potential game-changer' for Scottish game". BBC Sprot. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Third, Paul (29 November 2018). "Aberdeen announce launch of first ever senior women's side". The Press and Journal. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Law, Callum (24 November 2018). "Aberdeen want 'to be part of' women's sports, commercial director Wicks says after ladies side talks". Evening Express. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "AFC Women begin the season in style". Aberdeen F.C. 10 February 2019. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "SWFL League Cup: Aberdeen 9-0 Raith Rovers: Emphatic Win Sees Dons Through". Aberdeen F.C. 17 February 2019. Retrieved 20 February 2019.