Aberdeen Typhoon Shelters
The Aberdeen Typhoon Shelters of Hong Kong are Aberdeen West Typhoon Shelter (Chinese: 香港仔西避風塘) and Aberdeen South Typhoon Shelter (香港仔南避風塘). Both typhoon shelters are located in Southern District, between the southern part of Hong Kong Island and the island Ap Lei Chau. They are roughly separated by the Ap Lei Chau Bridge and Aberdeen Channel Bridge. The Aberdeen floating village is located within the shelters.
Aberdeen West Typhoon Shelter
Aberdeen South Typhoon Shelter
Aberdeen South Typhoon Shelter is located between Wong Chuk Hang, on Hong Kong Island and Ap Lei Chau. It occupies a major portion of Aberdeen Channel. The bays of Sham Wan, which hosts the Aberdeen Marina, and Po Chong Wan are within the shelter. The Jumbo Kingdom floating restaurant is located within this shelter.
- United Nations, Transport and Communications' Bulletin for Asia and the Far East, N.44, 1969, p.32 Archived September 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hong Kong Film Services Office: Aberdeen West Typhoon Shelter[permanent dead link]
- Hong Kong Film Services Office: Aberdeen South Typhoon Shelter[permanent dead link]
- Plan of Passage Area in Aberdeen West Typhoon Shelter
- Plan of Passage Area in Aberdeen South Typhoon Shelter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aberdeen Typhoon Shelters.|