Abernathy Independent School District
|Abernathy Independent School District|
|505 7th St.
ESC Region 17
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||68.85 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.75 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $465,786,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.116 and the bond tax rate was $0.034 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
Abernathy High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball and softball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Abernathy High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Abernathy Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- Dr. Glen Teal. Abernathy Independent School District. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Abernathy High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|