Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up aberration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An aberration is something that deviates from the normal way.
Aberration may also refer to:
Optics and physics
- Optical aberration, an imperfection in image formation by an optical system
- Chromatic aberration, caused by differences in refractive index for different wavelengths of light, in contrast with monochromatic aberration, which occurs for all frequencies of light
- Spherical aberration, which occurs when light rays pass through a spherical lens near the edge
- Defocus aberration, which occurs when a system is out of focus
- Astronomical aberration, which produces an apparent motion of celestial objects
- Relativistic aberration, the distortion of light at high velocities
Biology and medicine
- aberratio or aberration, a rare (mutant) butterfly or moth wing pattern.
- Chromosome abnormality, or aberration, a disruption in the normal chromosomal content of a cell
- Cardiac aberrancy, aberration of the conduction of action potentials in the electrical conduction system of the heart
- Aberration, a DLC for the video game ARK: Survival Evolved
- Aberration (film), a horror movie
- Aberration (EP)
- Aberrant, a superhero roleplaying game by White Wolf Game Studio
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aberration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.