From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up aberration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An aberration is something that deviates from the normal way.
Aberration may refer to:
Optics and physics
- Optical aberration, an imperfection in image formation by an optical system
- Chromatic aberration, caused by differences in refractive index for different wavelengths of light, in contrast with monochromatic aberration, which occurs for all frequencies of light
- Spherical aberration, which occurs when light rays pass through a lens near the edge
- Defocus aberration, which occurs when a system is out of focus
- Aberration of light, which produces an apparent motion of celestial objects
- Relativistic aberration, the distortion of light at high velocities
- Chromosome abnormality, or aberration, a disruption in the normal chromosomal content of a cell
- Cardiac aberrancy, aberration of the conduction of action potentials in the electrical conduction system of the heart
- Aberration (Dungeons & Dragons), a creature type in the role-playing game
- Aberration (film), a horror movie
- Aberration (EP)
- Aberrant, a superhero roleplaying game by White Wolf Game Studio
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aberration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.