Kapoor and Pragya Yadav at Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla show for ‘Volvo S90’
|Born||6 August 1971|
Abhishek Kapoor (born 6 August 1971) is an Indian film actor, director and producer.
He started his career as an actor in Uff! Yeh Mohabbat in 1996, opposite Twinkle Khanna, directed by Vipin Handa. He made his directorial début with Aryan in 2006 which was a critical and commercial flop.
In 2008, he wrote and directed Rock On!! an Indian Rock musical film starring Farhan Akhtar and Arjun Rampal that did average but is hailed as a veritable cult classic and won the prestigious "National Award for Best Hindi Film" for outstanding artistic contribution towards cinema. The film went on to become a major success, bringing not just accolades but also a Filmfare Award in 2009.
In 2013, "Kai Po Che" (2013) based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel, ‘The 3 Mistakes of my Life’ had its world premiere at the 63rd Berlin Film Festival’s World Panorama segment and won the Filmfare Award in 2014 for Best Screenplay. In 2016, "Fitoor", an adaptation of Charles Dicken’s Great Expectations was a worthy follow-up showcasing his unique expression and venturing into the field of production. Abhishek has launched his production company Guy in the Sky Pictures with the vision to create exciting content and tell stories that he believes in.
|1997||Uff! Yeh Mohabbat||Actor|
|2013||Kai Po Che||Director|
|2016||Rock On II||Writer|
- 2009 - Filmfare Award for Best Story for Rock On!
- 2009 - National Award for Outstanding Contribution towards Cinema for Rock On!
- 2014 - Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay for Kai Po Che
Kapoor is a cousin of the actor Tusshar Kapoor and producer Ekta Kapoor. His mother Madhubala is the sister of the popular Bollywood actor Jitendra (Ravi Kapoor). On 4 May 2015, Abhishek Kapoor married Swedish actress and model Pragya Yadav.
- "Abhishek Kapoor". Cintaa. Archived from the original on 2014-04-08. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Taran Adarsh (15 December 2006). "Aryan – Unbreakable: Critic review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Shweta Teotia. Indian Express (5 September 2008). "The rocking underdog: Abhishek Kapoor". Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Filmfare Awards: Jodha Akbar makes clean sweep". The Economic Times. 1 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Filmi Family Tree: Know Ekta Kapoor's famous cousin?". Rediff. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Director Abhishek Kapoor ties knots with Swedish Actress Pragya Yadav". news.biharprabha.com. 5 May 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|