Abigail Helen Fry (born 1981) is an English violist and Bafta award-winning composer. She plays with various acts including Sea Power, Bat for Lashes, The Flowers of Hell, Sad Season and Euchrid Eucrow. Fry grew up in Ealing, West London and resides in the Scottish Highlands and Brighton.
In 2007 Fry toured extensively with Bat for Lashes including Europe and the United States. On 4 September 2007 she played with the band at the Mercury Prize finals in London. Bat for Lashes was the bookies' favourite to win, but was pipped at the post by Klaxons.
From February to May 2008, while touring with Sea Power in North America, she also joined sometime opening act Jeffrey Lewis on stage – adding viola arrangements to his acoustic guitar-based performances.
- [permanent dead link]
- "Disco Elysium: how cult heroes British Sea Power wrote its BAFTA-winning score". TechRadar. 3 April 2020. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- Bat For Lashes Archived 26 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Nationwide Mercury Prize Archived 15 June 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Pulp joined by Sea Power's Abi Fry at Poland Open'er Festival". NME. 2 July 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Awoken Broken - Primal Rock Rebellion". AllMusic. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2020.