|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Abim lies in Abim District, Karamoja sub-region, Northern Uganda. It is located approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi), by road, northwest of Moroto, the largest town in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 360 kilometres (220 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:2°42'07.2"N 33°39'36.0"E (Latitude:2.7020; Longitude:33.6600).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town at about 14,840. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population of Abim town at about 15,900. In 2011, UBOS estimated the town's mid-year population at about 16,000. In August 2014, the national population census put Abim's population at 17,400.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Abim District Administration
- The offices of Abim Town Council
- Abim Central Market
- Abim Hospital - A 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of DFCU Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank (Uganda) Limited
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Abim And Moroto with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Abim With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Abim At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Abim In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2014.