|Member of European Parliament|
|Born||18 May 1976|
In 2002–2003, she was a volunteer with Nacka School (Internationella Engelska Skolan) in Stockholm.
In February 2007, Al-Sahlani became a member of Sweden's Center Party. In May 2019, Al-Sahlani was elected to the European Parliament. She has since been serving on the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. In addition to her committee assignments, she is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Disability, the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights and the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
In November 2013, Al-Sahlani took a time-out from the Swedish parliament due to alleged deficiencies in the reporting of an aid project in Iraq. According to the Swedish radio 300 000 € had not been reported correctly. Half a year later she was cleared from all charges and made a comeback in the Swedish Parliament.
- Magnusson, Erik (25 May 2009). "Från Malmö via Bagdad till Bryssel" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan. Archived from the original on 23 May 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Home | Abir AL-SAHLANI | MEPs | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Abir Al-Sahlani - Liberal International". Liberal International (in British English). Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Personröster - Val 2019". data.val.se. Retrieved 2020-05-10.
- Members of the Disability Intergroup - Renew Europe Archived 2020-11-29 at the Wayback Machine European Disability Forum.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- Members of the delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe European Parliament.
- "Riksdagsledamot misstänkt för bedrägeri". 12 November 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- "Friad från anklagelser - Al-Sahlani tillbaka" (in Swedish). 2 June 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2019.