Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Абылай хан атындағы Қазақ Халықаралық Қатынастар және Әлем Тілдері Университеті|
|Rector||Kunanbaeva Salima Sagikyzy|
|Location||050022, Muratbaev st., 200, Almaty, Kazakhstan|
The Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages (KazUIR & WL, Ablai Khan University), or Kazakh State Teacher's Institute of Foreign Languages, as it was identified at its inception, has provided foreign language education for 65 years.
In the summer of 1941, the university began receiving teachers in preparation for the first class of students. The first teacher line up included G.D. Belaya, who taught the history of USSR, N.M. Voinova covered Russian language and literature, and E.F. Treyze taught German language. Hereinafter these teachers became employees of the institute.
Training began with 231 students (113 in Faculty of English, 97 in German language, 21 in French language).
- 1941 Melikov Hanaahmed Karaevich
- 1941 — 1942 Balakaev Maulen Balakayuly
- 1942 — 1943 Suleymenov Bekezhan Suleymenovich
- 1943 — 1947 Fisenko Varvara Fedorovna
- 1947 — 1951 Kuznecov Alexey Ivanovich
- 1951 — 1956 Pahmurnyj Pavel Mihajlovich
- 1956 — 1962 Iskakov Tulesh Iskakovich
- 1962 — 1967 Ibraeva Ajar Khakimovna
- 1967 — 1976 Zhandildinov Nurymbet Zhandildinovich
- 1977 — 1978 Akhanov Kakhan Akhanovich
- 1979 — 1987 Amirov Rakysh Satovich
- 1987 — 1992 Irmuhanov Beimbet Babikteevich
- 1992 — 1999 Ahmetov Adil Kurmanzhanuly
- 1999 — Kunanbaeva Salima Sagikyzy