Aboite Township, Allen County, Indiana
Location in Allen County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||33.35 sq mi (86.4 km2)|
|• Land||33.33 sq mi (86.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
|• Density||1,073.2/sq mi (414.4/km2)|
46783, 46804, 46809, 46814, 46818
|GNIS feature ID||0453072|
Aboite Township was named from the Aboite Creek, which is derived from the French word for "minnow".
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.35 square miles (86.4 km2), of which 33.33 square miles (86.3 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.09%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Fort Wayne (western portion)
Fort Wayne incorporated approximately 12 square miles (31 km2) of Aboite territory effective January 1, 2006.
Fort Wayne neighborhoods
- Brierwood Hills at
- Covington Dells at
- Ellison at
- Ellisville at
- Forest Ridge at
- Liberty Hills at
- Manor Woods at
- Parkway Hills at
- Rolling Hills at
- Timbercrest at
- Westlawn at
- Lake Township (north)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Wayne Township (east)
- Lafayette Township (south)
- Jackson Township, Huntington County (southwest)
- Jefferson Township, Whitley County (west)
- Union Township, Whitley County (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Covington Memorial Gardens and Oak Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Dennis Airport
- Indiana's 3rd congressional district
- State House District 82
- State House District 83
- State Senate District 16
- "Aboite Township, Allen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Aboite township, Allen County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder Archived May 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Griswold, Bert Joseph; Taylor, Mrs. Samuel R. (1917). The Pictorial History of Fort Wayne, Indiana: A Review of Two Centuries of Occupation of the Region about the Head of the Maumee River. Robert O. Law Company. p. 687.
- "City of Fort Wayne - Southwest Extended Annexation".