||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Abominable Putridity is a Russian death metal band originally from Moscow. The band has released two albums; In the End of Human Existence and The Anomalies of Artificial Origin. They are signed to the California indie label Unique Leader Records and are primarily known for their extensive use of 'destructive' slams and grooves in their guitarwork.
Abominable Putridity was formed in 2003 by Alexander and Pavel originally under the name "Devoured Entrails". After a year had passed, the vocalist, Vladimir, joined the band, and in 2004, Andrey K., the former bassist of Vermicular Decay, joined Abominable Putridity. In 2006, the band recorded their first demo, which was released in the month of May, 2002. Vladimir left the band five months later, and was replaced by Cameron Argon.
Abominable Putridity performed for several small gigs and metal festivals in the Moscow region; in one of those gigs, the band met Jim of Lacerated Enemy Records, who offered them their first record contract. During the recording sessions, Argon left the band and was temporarily replaced by Andrey. The first full-length album to be published by Lacerated Enemy Records was called In the End of Human Existence, released in 2007.
The band signed with the label Brutal Bands in 2011, recording a 3 tracks demo simply called as Promotional CD 2011. In 2012, Abominable Putridity released their second album, The Anomalies of Artificial Origin.
As of 2015, guitarist Sergey Balayan confirmed via his personal Facebook profile that Abominable Putridity are in the works of a third studio album featuring the same lineup of The Anomalies of Artificial Origin, he as well confirmed that Anomalies will be reissued featuring remixed/remastered tracks. Later that same year, Unique Leader Records announced that Abominable Putridity had signed to their label and are working on their third full-length.
Vocalist Matti Way left the band in January 2016. He has yet to release a statement, but stated he will "never work with [Abominable Putridity] again". Later he rejoined, citing he "worked things out".
- Promo (2006)
- Promotional CD 2011 (2011)
- Alexander Koubiachvili - drums (2003–present)
- Андрей "Andrey Kuklin" Куклин - bass (2006–present)
- Sergey Balayan - guitar (2007–present)
- Matti Way - vocals (2011-2016, 2016-present)
- Pavel - guitar (2003-2006)
- Sergey - guitar (2004-2006)
- Serg - guitar (2006-2009)
- Nikita - bass (2004-2006)
- Vladimir Korolenko - vocals (2004–2009)
- Cameron Argon - vocals (2009-2011)
- Pat - guitars (2009–2012) 
- "Abominable Putridity rains down the putridity". Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "ABOMINABLE PUTRIDITY: Cruel Russian Death Metal Quintet Signs With Unique Leader Records". earsplitcompound.com.
- "Abominable Putridity - Biography". Retrieved 18 August 2013.