Aborted performing live at 2007's Coolness'tival.
|Labels||Listenable, Century Media|
|Members||Sven de Caluwé
Mendel Bij De Leij
J.B. Van Der Wal
Aborted is a Belgian death metal band that formed in Waregem, in 1995. The group consists of vocalist, founder, and only constant member since the band's inception, Sven de Caluwé, guitarists Danny Tunker and Mendel Bij De Leij, bassist J.B. Van Der Wal, and drummer Ken Bedene. Although based in Belgium, Aborted's band members are from Belgium, The Netherlands and the United States. The band has released nine studio albums, four EPs and one live performance video album.
Allmusic stated that Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the 'brutal death metal' genre" and described the band's style as "unrestrained grindcore savagery and meticulously crafted death metal technicality".
Aborted was founded by the Belgian vocalist Sven de Caluwé in 1995. According to de Caluwé, the name of the band was decided to be first in the CD racks. The band subsequently released a demo tape and eventually were signed to Uxicon Records. Since then the band has released three splits (on Soulreaper Records, Bones Brigade, and Listenable Records, respectively), eight full-length albums, two EPs, and a DVD. Aborted are currently signed to Century Media Records. According to Allmusic, Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the death-grind genres".
On March 28, 2011, de Caluwé announced that recording for Aborted's seventh studio album, Global Flatline would begin in June. The album is reported to contain fifteen tracks. Global Flatline was produced by Jacob Hansen, who previously worked with Aborted on 2003's Goremageddon: The Saw and the Carnage Done and 2004's The Haematobic EP.
On June 20, 2011, the band entered Hansen Studios in Denmark with Hansen to record Global Flatline. On July 9, 2011, it was confirmed that recording for Global Flatline has been completed. Confirmed guest vocalists on the album include Julien Truchan of Benighted, Keijo Niinimaa of Rotten Sound and Jason Netherton of Misery Index. Global Flatline was released in January 2012. A digital single of the title track was released on October 25, 2011.
On November 09, 2015, Aborted has announced their new 20th anniversary EP Termination Redux to release on January 8, 2016 and a tour date to perform in Europe alongside with Kataklysm and Septicflesh. On February 12, 2016, the band announced to release their latest full-length album Retrogore on April 22, 2016.
Studio session and live members
- Aborted Vocalist Sven de Caluwé Interviewed; Audio Available – Sep. 29, 2008, blabbermouth.net
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Aborted". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Eduardo Rivadavia, Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture, Allmusic
- Metalship (2013-02-14). "Interview of Aborted with Sven and Ken". Metalship.
- Aborted Blog News: New Album Announced – March 28, 2011. Goremageddon.be. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- New Aborted Album To Feature Guest Appearances By Rotten Sound, Benighted Members – July 6, 2011. Blabbermouth.net
- and we are at.... Facebook (June 20, 2011). Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Thats it people, we.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Global Flatline is.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- there will be a few.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Another update on.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- and another update.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Profielfoto's. Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- New details on Global Flatline! – September 20, 2011 goremageddon.be
- "Aborted: to release 20th anniversary EP "Termination Redux;" New video and new tour dates announced". Century Media Records. 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "ABORTED To Release 'Retrogore' Album In April". blabbermouth.net. 2016-02-12. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "ABORTED: 'Retrogore' Title Track Available For Streaming". blabbermouth.net. 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aborted.|