Aborted performing live at 2007's Coolness'tival.
|Labels||Listenable, Century Media|
|Members||Sven de Caluwé|
Aborted is a Belgian death metal band formed in 1995 in Waregem. The group consists of vocalist, founder, and only constant member since the band's inception, Sven de Caluwé, guitarist Ian Jekelis, bassist Stefano Franceschini, and drummer Ken Bedene. Although the band originally had an entire lineup of members living in Belgium, Aborted's current lineup now features members from Belgium, The Netherlands and the United States. The band has released nine studio albums, four EPs and one live performance video album.
AllMusic stated that Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the 'brutal death metal' genre" and described the band's style as "unrestrained grindcore savagery and meticulously crafted death metal technicality".
Aborted was founded by vocalist Sven de Caluwé in 1995 in the city Waregem. The band initially featured an all-Belgian lineup, which consisted of de Caluwé, bassist Koen Verstraete, drummer Steven Logie and guitarists Niek Verstraete and Christophe Herreman. According to de Caluwé, the name of the band was named "Aborted" in hopes that the band's CDs could be found on the racks in music stores as the very first selections in the "A" section. Short years after forming, the band released a demotape titled The Necrotorous Chronicles. Following early recordings and some live shows, the band were eventually signed to Uxicon Records. Since then the band has released three splits (on Soulreaper Records, Bones Brigade, and Listenable Records, respectively), eight full-length albums, two EPs, and a DVD. Aborted are currently signed to Century Media Records. According to Allmusic, Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the death-grind genres".
On March 28, 2011, de Caluwé announced that recording for Aborted's seventh studio album, Global Flatline would begin in June. The album is reported to contain fifteen tracks. Global Flatline was produced by Jacob Hansen, who previously worked with Aborted on 2003's Goremageddon: The Saw and the Carnage Done and 2004's The Haematobic EP.
On June 20, 2011, the band entered Hansen Studios in Denmark with Hansen to record Global Flatline. On July 9, 2011, it was confirmed that recording for Global Flatline has been completed. Confirmed guest vocalists on the album include Julien Truchan of Benighted, Keijo Niinimaa of Rotten Sound and Jason Netherton of Misery Index. Global Flatline was released in January 2012. A digital single of the title track was released on October 25, 2011.
On November 9, 2015, Aborted has announced their new 20th anniversary EP Termination Redux to release on January 8, 2016 and a tour date to perform in Europe alongside with Kataklysm and Septicflesh. On February 12, 2016, the band announced to release their latest full-length album Retrogore on April 22, 2016. On March 26, 2018, the band announced the release of their new album, TerrorVision, which released on September 21, 2018.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Aborted". Allmusic. Retrieved June 10, 2009.
- Aborted Vocalist Sven de Caluwé Interviewed; Audio Available – Sep. 29, 2008[permanent dead link], blabbermouth.net
- Eduardo Rivadavia, Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture, Allmusic
- Metalship (February 14, 2013). "Interview of Aborted with Sven and Ken". Metalship.
- Aborted Blog News: New Album Announced – March 28, 2011 Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Goremageddon.be. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- New Aborted Album To Feature Guest Appearances By Rotten Sound, Benighted Members – July 6, 2011[permanent dead link]. Blabbermouth.net
- and we are at.... Facebook (June 20, 2011). Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Thats it people, we.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Global Flatline is.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- there will be a few.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Another update on.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- and another update.... Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- Profielfoto's. Facebook. Retrieved on October 19, 2011.
- New details on Global Flatline! – September 20, 2011 Archived October 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine goremageddon.be
- "Aborted: to release 20th anniversary EP "Termination Redux;" New video and new tour dates announced". Century Media Records. November 9, 2015. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "ABORTED To Release 'Retrogore' Album In April". blabbermouth.net. February 12, 2016. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "ABORTED: 'Retrogore' Title Track Available For Streaming". blabbermouth.net. March 8, 2016. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "Aborted Set September Release For New Album "TerrorVision", Reveal European Tour With Cryptopsy, Etc". ThePRP. March 26, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aborted.|