|Labels||Listenable, Century Media|
|Members||Sven de Caluwé|
Aborted is a Belgian death metal band formed in 1995 in Waregem. The group currently consists of vocalist, founder and only constant member Sven de Caluwé, guitarist Ian Jekelis, bassist Stefano Franceschini and drummer Ken Bedene. Although the band originally had an entire lineup of members living in Belgium, Aborted's current lineup now features members from Belgium, The Netherlands and the United States. The band has released nine studio albums, five EPs and one live DVD.
AllMusic stated that Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the 'brutal death metal' genre" and described the band's style as "unrestrained grindcore savagery and meticulously crafted death metal technicality".
Aborted was founded by vocalist Sven de Caluwé in 1995 in the city Waregem. The band initially featured an all-Belgian lineup, which consisted of de Caluwé, bassist Koen Verstraete, drummer Steven Logie and guitarists Niek Verstraete and Christophe Herreman. According to de Caluwé, the band was named "Aborted" in hopes that the band's CDs could be found on the racks in music stores as the very first selections in the "A" section. Short years after forming, the band released a demotape titled The Necrotorous Chronicles. Following early recordings and some live shows, the band were eventually signed to Uxicon Records. Since then the band has released three splits (on Soulreaper Records, Bones Brigade, and Listenable Records, respectively), eight full-length albums, five EPs, and a DVD. Aborted are currently signed to Century Media Records. According to Allmusic, Aborted "had grown into the role of key contributors to the death-grind genres".
On 28 March 2011, de Caluwé announced that recording for Aborted's seventh studio album, Global Flatline would begin in June. The album is reported to contain fifteen tracks. Global Flatline was produced by Jacob Hansen, who previously worked with Aborted on 2003's Goremageddon: The Saw and the Carnage Done and 2004's The Haematobic EP.
On 20 June 2011, the band entered Hansen Studios in Denmark with Hansen to record Global Flatline. On 9 July 2011, it was confirmed that recording for Global Flatline has been completed. Confirmed guest vocalists on the album include Julien Truchan of Benighted, Keijo Niinimaa of Rotten Sound and Jason Netherton of Misery Index. Global Flatline was released in January 2012. A digital single of the title track was released on 25 October 2011.
On 9 November 2015, Aborted has announced their new 20th anniversary EP Termination Redux to release on 8 January 2016 and a tour date to perform in Europe along with Kataklysm and Septicflesh. On 12 February 2016, the band announced to release their latest full-length album Retrogore on 22 April 2016. On 26 March 2018, the band announced the release of their new album, TerrorVision, produced by Kristian "Kohle" Kohlmannslehner, which released on 21 September 2018.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Aborted". Allmusic. Retrieved 10 June 2009.
- Aborted Vocalist Sven de Caluwé Interviewed; Audio Available – Sep. 29, 2008, blabbermouth.net
- Eduardo Rivadavia, Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture, Allmusic
- Metalship (14 February 2013). "Interview of Aborted with Sven and Ken". Metalship.
- Aborted Blog News: New Album Announced – March 28, 2011 Archived 27 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Goremageddon.be. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- New Aborted Album To Feature Guest Appearances By Rotten Sound, Benighted Members – July 6, 2011. Blabbermouth.net
- and we are at.... Facebook (20 June 2011). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Thats it people, we.... Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Global Flatline is.... Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- there will be a few.... Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Another update on.... Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- and another update.... Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Profielfoto's. Facebook. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- New details on Global Flatline! – September 20, 2011 Archived 22 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine goremageddon.be
- "Aborted: to release 20th anniversary EP "Termination Redux;" New video and new tour dates announced". Century Media Records. 9 November 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "ABORTED To Release 'Retrogore' Album In April". blabbermouth.net. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "ABORTED: 'Retrogore' Title Track Available For Streaming". blabbermouth.net. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Aborted Set September Release For New Album "TerrorVision", Reveal European Tour With Cryptopsy, Etc". ThePRP. 26 March 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2018.