About a Girl (TV series)
|About a Girl|
|Created by||Adam Tobin|
|Opening theme||"Blue Kitchen" by Combine the Victorious|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tim O'Donnell
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Brightlight Pictures
Student Body II Productions
|Distributor||Global Television Network|
|Original network||E! (Canada)
The N (United States)
|Original release||October 5, 2007– February 29, 2008|
About a Girl is a Canadian comedy series which premiered on October 5, 2007 on The N in the U.S. and Global in Canada. It was the first scripted comedy for The N. The series ended with 13 episodes in its only season.
About a Girl centers around Amy Ryan, a college student who moves into a house off-campus when her dorm room turns out to be unacceptable. However, her new roommates are four guys. Things are not always smooth as she tries to either adjust to or change their habits and wrestles with her unrequited attraction to one of them.
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from a source, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the supposed source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (October 2014)|
- Amy Ryan (Chiara Zanni) - A sophomore girl in college that believed would be not as difficult, "a walk in the park." The she had to move in with four guys (Jason, Dude, McRitchie, and Benny), rather than living in the college dorm rooms.
- Jason (Jesse Hutch) - One of the roommates that Amy lives with and who Amy has a crush on. The problem is he has a commitment issue in relationships. 
- Dude (Sandy Robson) - He is usually eccentric and relaxed and gives his roommates some helpful insight. He is also the landlord for the house that he, Jason, McRitchie, Benny, and Amy live in. 
- McRitchie (Braden Williams) - He does not think before he acts, disregarding the consequences that could happen with his actions. Also, he acts like Amy's bodyguard since he is protective of her.
- Benny (Marshall Porter) - He is the youngest of the roommates and also the cleanest, but does not pay attention to what his messy roommates do to the house. He also has a crush on Amy, but does not think he will get anything, but Amy is the one person that Benny seems comfortable talking to. 
- Erin (Kristie Marsden) - Amy's best friend that is all about boys and about having fun. She is straight forward and blunt when it comes to the truth, even if it may be considered harsh. 
- Stacy - aka 'Laguna Bitch' (Chelan Simmons) - One of Amy's peer that is there to make fun of her in front of classmates. 
- Mrs. Ryan (Lynda Boyd) - Amy's mother and also refers to her as "Crazy Lady"
- Felicia (Amber Borycki) -Jason's girlfriend but are always breaking up and making up.
- Stan- aka "Stan the Man"  (Dustin Milligan) - Stan was the 5th roommate until he left to go on tour with a band called State of Shock.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|1||"About a Pilot"||Neal Israel||Adam Tobin||October 5, 2007||101|
|Amy Ryan is starting her sophomore year of college and moves in with Jason, McRitchie, Benny, and Dude.|
|2||"About the Rules"||Mina Shum||Mike Langworthy||October 12, 2007||102|
|Tired of the house being a constant mess, Amy starts to enforce new rules around the house, but the guys don't like them.|
|3||"About a Job"||James Genn||Maisha Closson||October 19, 2007||103|
|Amy gets a job on campus but her employer is giving her some unwanted attention.|
|4||"About a Flood"||Brian K. Roberts||Adam Tobin||October 26, 2007||104|
|The Alpha sorority house floods and Stacy stays at the guy's house.|
|5||"About a Break-Up"||Mina Shum||Laurie Parres||November 2, 2007||105|
|Amy's boyfriend breaks up with her and she's having a hard time dealing with it.|
|6||"About a Visit"||Mark Sawers||Maisha Closson||November 9, 2007||106|
|Amy's mother visits her but doesn't know that she is living with four guys.|
|7||"About a Dream"||Brain K. Roberts||Amy Engelberg & Wendy Engelberg||November 16, 2007||107|
|Amy has a romantic dream about Jason and Benny has a romantic dream about Amy.|
|8||"About a Prank"||Neal Israel||Amy Engelberg & Wendy Engelberg||January 19, 2008||108|
|Amy and the guys prank each other.|
|9||"About an F-Word"||Brain K. Roberts||Amy Engelberg & Wendy Engelberg||January 26, 2008||109|
|Amy drops out of her major after she fails a test.|
|10||"About an All-Niter"||Pat Williams||Laurie Parres||February 9, 2008||110|
|Amy teaches the guys how to properly study by taking them to the library, but the guys find other things to "study" while there.|
|11||"About a Boot"||Pat Williams||Maisha Closson & Laurie Parres||February 16, 2008||111|
|Amy gets pulled over for speeding and her car gets booted when the officer informs her of 171 unpaid parking tickets.|
|12||"About a Tent"||Brain K. Roberts||Adam Tobin||February 22, 2008||112|
|Amy, Erin, and the guys go camping. McRitchie and Benny come across a nudist gathering.|
|13||"About a Homecoming"||Brain K. Roberts||Story by: Tim O'Donnell
Teleplay by: Mike Langworthy and Tim O'Donnell
|February 29, 2008||113|
|Stan "The Man" comes home for a band gig. Erin tells Amy the real reason why Stan returned. Stan tells Jason that he should prioritize Amy because Stan won't be on tour forever. Then Jason asks Amy to go out on a date.|
- Viacom press release
- "About a Girl (TV Series)." Rediff Pages. India Abroad, n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2014. <http://pages.rediff.com/about-a-girl--tv-series-/1617289>.