Abraham González (footballer)
|Full name||Abraham González Casanova|
|Date of birth||16 July 1985|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2011||→ Ponferradina (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 December 2016.
Two years later, he was bought by neighbours FC Barcelona, being immediately assigned to its reserve side which competed in the fourth level. He made his debut for the first team during the Copa del Rey tie against Benidorm CF (1–0 win) on 28 October 2008; in the last round of La Liga, as Barça were already champions, he came on as a substitute for Xavi during the 1–1 draw at Deportivo de La Coruña.
Abraham was released by Barcelona in the 2009 summer, joining Cádiz CF as the club had just returned to division two after a one-year absence. He appeared regularly for the Andalusians, who were immediately relegated back.
Abraham signed with Gimnàstic de Tarragona for the 2010–11 campaign, but failed to impress at his new club. In the following transfer window he was loaned to fellow league side SD Ponferradina, eventually suffering another relegation.
Abraham scored his first goal in the Spanish top flight on 27 February 2015, netting the game's only in a home success over Córdoba CF. On 17 June 2016, after three seasons with an average of 21 league appearances, the 30-year-old moved abroad for the first time in his career, signing with Club Universidad Nacional from the Liga MX as a free agent.
- As of 9 June 2011
- El Terrassa presenta els reforços de David Valle i Abraham González (Terrassa presents signings David Valle and Abraham González); 324, 19 July 2004 (Catalan)
- El Barça no se salta el guión (Barça stays par for course); Marca, 28 October 2008 (Spanish)
- Deportivo La Coruña 1–1 Barcelona; ESPN Soccernet, 30 May 2009
- Raúl Fuster y Abraham González refuerzan al Nástic (Raúl Fuster and Abraham González strengthen Nástic); Marca, 17 July 2010 (Spanish)
- Dos nuevos fichajes para el centro del campo (Two new midfield signings); Marca, 28 January 2011 (Spanish)
- Abraham González se convierte en el cuarto refuerzo del Alcorcón (Abraham González becomes Alcorcón's fourth signing); Marca, 15 July 2011 (Spanish)
- El Espanyol ficha a Abraham González y Juan Rafael Fuentes (Espanyol signs Abraham González and Juan Rafael Fuentes); Goal.com, 19 June 2013 (Spanish)
- El Espanyol no descuida la Liga (Espanyol keeps an eye on the League); Marca, 27 February 2015 (Spanish)
- Abraham finalitza la seva etapa a l’Espanyol (Abraham ends Espanyol spell); RCD Espanyol, 17 June 2016 (Catalan)
- "Abraham". Soccerway. Retrieved 2 April 2014.