Abraham Mateo (album)
|Studio album by Abraham Mateo|
|Released||December 4, 2009 (Spain)|
|Label||Emi Music Spain|
|Producer||Jacobo Calderón, José Luis de la Peña|
|Abraham Mateo chronology|
|Singles from Abraham Mateo|
Abraham Mateo is the debut album of the Spanish singer Abraham Mateo, put out by Emi Music Spain on December 4, 2009. Since his first appearances in the television show Menuda Noche on the Canal Sur TV of Andalucia, a friend of Abraham's family posted in YouTube videos of his performances, which soon enjoyed great popularity and caught the attention of executives of EMI Music Spain. Early 2009, when he was ten, Abraham signed a contract with Emi Music Spain and released in December of the same year his debut album, recorded in Madrid.
The album, produced by Jacobo Calderon and Jose Luis de la Peña, contains twelve songs, seven of them were composed by Calderon himself and four tracks are covers of popular Latin songs such as Raphael's "Cuando tu no estas", Alejandro Sanz's "Los dos cogidos de la mano", Laura Pausini's "La soledad" and Luis Fonsi's "Imaginame sin ti". The album includes a duet with the French teen singer Caroline Costa, the runner-up in the 2008 edition of the television contest Incroyable Talent, the French version of America's Got Talent. Abraham and Caroline recorded for the album a Spanish version of Badfinger's "Without you", the song has also been covered with great success by Mariah Carey. "Vuelve conmigo" is the album's single.
To promote the album, Abraham toured through several cities in Spain and performed in Spanish radio and television shows, including the popular television programs Mas que baile, Tu si que vales, the show of Maria Teresa Campos, and the Christmas Eve Special of the Telecinco channel.
- "Vuelve conmigo" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:20
- "Destronado" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:51
- "Los dos cogidos de la mano" (Alejandro Sanz) – 5:14
- "Un amor como los de antes" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:47
- "Magia" (Jacobo Calderón) – 4:05
- "Imagíname sin tí" (Rudy Pérez) – 4:08
- "Volvería" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:20
- "Without you" (Peter Ham, Tom Evans) duet with Caroline Costa – 3:52
- "Lágrimas de amor" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:52
- "Te amaré" (Jacobo Calderón) – 3:45
- "La soledad" (Pietro Cremonesi, Angelo Valsiglio, Federico Cavalli, Spanish version: Badia) – 3:48
- "Cuando tú no estás" (Manuel Alejandro) – 3:44