Abraham Rotstein (10 April 1929 – 27 April 2015) was a Canadian economist who was a professor of economics at the University of Toronto. He was a fellow of Massey College. He is best known as a co-founder of the Committee for an Independent Canada. He received his doctorate from the University of Toronto in 1967 for the thesis Fur trade and empire : an institutional analysis. He was a student of Karl Polanyi.
Articles and Addresses
- Rotstein, Abraham. "Foreign Ownership of Industry: A New Canadian Approach." The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs , Vol. 58, No. 231 (July 1968): 260-268. doi: 10.1080/00358536808452754
- Rotstein, Abraham. "Canada: The New Nationalism." Foreign Affairs, No. 55 (October 1976): 97-118.
- Rotstein, Abraham. "Is There a Canadian Nationalism?" In Goals for Canada: Walter L. Gordon Lecture Series, 1977-78. Toronto: Canada Studies Foundation, 1978.
- Rotstein, Abraham. "Is There an English-Canadian Nationalism?" Journal of Canadian Studies/Revue d'Études Canadiennes, Vol. 13, No. 2 (May 1978): 109-118. ISSN 0021-9495
- Rotstein, Abraham. Beyond Industrial Growth. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1976 ISBN 978-0-8020-6286-4 
- Review, Canadian Public Policy / Analyse de Politiques, Spring, 1978, vol. 4, no. 2, p. 271-272
- Review, Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, Jul., 1977, vol. 6, no. 4, p. 487-488
- Rotstein, Abraham, and Gary Lax. Getting It Back: A Program for Canadian Independence. Toronto: Clarke, Irwin, 1974. ISBN 978-0-7720-0694-3 
- Rotstein, Abraham. The Precarious Homestead; Essays on Economics, Technology and Nationalism. Toronto: New Press, 1973. ISBN 978-0-88770-711-7 
- Rotstein, Abraham, and Gary Lax. Independence: the Canadian Challenge. Toronto: Committee for an Independent Canada, 1972.ISBN 978-0-7710-7746-3 
- Abraham Rotstein. The Prospect of Change: Proposals for Canada's Future. McGraw-Hill, 1965. OCLC 5778078 
- Reviewed by J R Mallory; International Journal, Autumn, 1965, vol. 20, no. 4, p. 548-549 
- "U of T : Economics : Abraham Rotstein". utoronto.ca.
- "Fur trade and empire : an institutional analysis /Abraham Rotstein.. --". worldcat.org.
- "Abraham Rotstein a skeptical economist who made sense: Walkom". thestar.com. 29 April 2015.
- "Abraham Rotstein: Educator led ‘nationalism on the left’". The Globe and Mail, May 17, 2015.
- "Beyond industrial growth". worldcat.org.
- "Getting it back : a program for Canadian independence". worldcat.org.
- "The precarious homestead; essays on economics, technology and nationalism.". worldcat.org.
- "Independence: the Canadian challenge.". worldcat.org.
- "The prospect of change: proposals for Canada's future.". worldcat.org.
|This biography of a Canadian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|