Location of Abrams, Wisconsin
|• Total||37.6 sq mi (97.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||46.9/sq mi (18.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1582651|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 37.6 square miles (97.3 km²), of which, 37.5 square miles (97.0 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it (0.29%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,757 people, 652 households, and 494 families residing in the town. The population density was 46.9 people per square mile (18.1/km²). There were 700 housing units at an average density of 18.7 per square mile (7.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.52% White, 0.80% Native American, 0.06% Asian, and 0.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.28% of the population.
There were 652 households out of which 35.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.1% were married couples living together, 6.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.1% were non-families. 19.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.06.
In the town, the population was spread out with 26.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 33.2% from 25 to 44, 24.8% from 45 to 64, and 8.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 108.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $51,250, and the median income for a family was $53,510. Males had a median income of $37,261 versus $23,542 for females. The per capita income for the town was $20,889. About 1.7% of families and 4.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.3% of those under age 18 and 6.4% of those age 65 or over.
- C. J. Greaves, professional American off-road racing driver, was born in the town.
- Johnny Greaves, professional American off-road racing driver, was born in the town.
- Arthur J. Whitcomb, Wisconsin State Representative and lawyer, was born in the town.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "W. J. Abrams (1829-1900)". City of Green Bay. Archived from the original on 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1915,' Biographical Sketch of Arthur J. Whitcomb, pg. 527