Abrar-ul-Haq in Calgary (2014)
|Native name||ابرار الحق|
|Birth name||Abrar-ul-Haq Kahloon|
|Also known as||Jattan Da Jagga
Punjab Da Sitara
21 July 1969 |
Ghulam Muhammad Abad, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Abrar-ul-Haq (Punjabi, Urdu: ابرار الحق) is a Pakistani pop, bhangra, and folk musician and politician. He is also the Secretary of Foreign Affairs and President of Youth Wing of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. On his first album "Billo De Ghar" his name appears as simply "Abrar". Before becoming a singer, he was a Geography teacher at the Aitchison College in Lahore. He is current Chairman of Youth Parliament of Pakistan.
Abrar-ul-Haq was born in Faisalabad, Pakistan with roots belonging to a small town called Narowal, Pakistan. He completed his Bachelor's degree from Sir Syed College in Rawalpindi. He then completed his Master's degree in Social science from Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad. After that, he started teaching in Aitchison College, which is one of the most respected institutes of Pakistan. But he soon realized that singing was his passion and started working on his first album. He started his singing career in 1995 with debut album Billo de ghar. The song "Billo de ghar" was the most popular song of that album. With this debut album he earned a lot of fame. According to an estimate, more than 16 million copies of his debut album have been sold. Encouraged by success of first album he released his second album Majajni in 1998. His third album Bay ja cycle te was released in 1999. His fourth album, Asaan jana mall-o-mall was released in 2002. His fifth album Nachan main audhay nall nall was released in 2004. Abrar-ul-Haq's latest album Naara sadha ishq aey was released in March 2007. His cousin Jawad Kahloon is also a singer who has received many British awards for best performance in Udeekan and Seenay wajj ja. Other than music, Abrar-ul-Haq also founded a charitable organisation SAHARA which is an abbreviation of "Services Aimed at Health and Awakening in Remote Areas". Its aim is to promote health and education in remote areas. Abrar-ul-Haq also founded a hospital named "Sugra Shafi Medical Complex" in Narowal. In December 2011 it was reported that Abrar-ul-Haq had joined the Pakistani political party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. He married Hareem Abrar in 2005, he has two daughters (Hamna Abrar & Inaya Abrar) and one son (Muhammad Taha).
Sahara for Life Trust
Abrar-ul-Haq is the founder and chairman of Sahara for Life Trust, a charitable organisation promoting health and education in remote areas. Sahara for Life Trust started its work in Narowal, where it established the first large-scale hospital in 2003 for the people of Narowal who were facing issues transporting patients in critical condition in a timely manner to big cities for better treatment in larger hospitals. In 2016, Sahara for Life Trust opened their medical college in Narowal and gave admissions to 100 students for its first graduating class.
- Sughra Shafi Medical Complex- Narowal, Pakistan
- Sahara Medical College- Narowal, Pakistan
On 19 December 2011 Abrar-ul-Haq started his political career by joining Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf. Currently, he is serving as Secretary of Foreign Affairs of PTI. He contested 2013 general elections from PTI platform from NA-117 (Narowal-III) but lost to Ahsan Iqbal of PML-N by 44122 votes.
There was some controversy with his song Parveen. Abrar-ul-Haq was criticized by the columnist Javed Chaudry for using the common female Pakistani name of Parveen in an odd way. This followed Chaudhry receiving a letter from a girl name Parveen that related the effects of the song on her life. The girl claimed that she had stopped attending college in Lahore because of harassment from male students. The case was taken to Pakistan's Supreme Court, which ordered Abrar to change the lyrics. He stated that he would abide by the court's decision.
|1995||Billo De Ghar|
|1999||Bay Ja Cycle Tay|
|2002||Assan Jana Mall-o Mall||February 5th|
|2004||Nachan Main Audhay Naal||June 1st|
|2007||Naara Sada Ishq Aey||March|
|2013||Sab Rang Aap (PBUH) Se|
|2016||Billo Returns Aithay Rakh||April 30th|
|2000||Mein Gaddi Aap Chalawan Ga||Compilation|
|2006||Collaborations– Sukshinder Shinda & Gurdas Maan||Single|
|2008||Sar Jlayn Gay Roshani Hogee||Single|
|2009||Awain Na Kar Zulm Ke Ik Din Muk Jana||Single|
|2010||Sar Utha Ke||Compilation|
|2011||Ki Karan Day O Ft Jawad-Shahzman||Single|
|2014||Collaborations 3– Sukshinder Shinda & Abrar-ul-Haq: ITHY RAKH||Single|
|2014||Pani Da Bulbula||Coke Studio (Pakistan)|
|2014||Ishq di Booti||Coke Studio (Pakistan)|
|2014||Allah Hu Ft Saieen Zahoor||Coke Studio (Pakistan)|
|2016||Qaseeda Burda Shareef||Single|
|2016||Bekarar - Music By: Farhan NTF||Single|
|2016–present||Darja-e-Shararat||Himself/host||First aired in September for Eid on Samaa TV|
|2000||PTV Awards||Folk singer||PTV World||Won|
|2002||Lux Style Award Best Singer 2002||Best Singer||Lux Style Award||Won|
|2003||Lux Style Award Best Singer 2003||Best Singer||Lux Style Award||Won|
|2004||PTV Awards||Six years consecutive award holder for best pop singer||PTV Home||Won|
- "Abrar Ul Haq Singer & Philanthropist Joins Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf". Awami. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- About Sahara for Life Trust Archived 10 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. saharaforlife.org
- "About Sughra Shafi Medical complex". Sahara for Life Trust. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Billo boy buys PTI ticket". Dawn. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "PTI Elected National Council". Pakistan Tehreek e-Insaf. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "General Election 2013 (Consolidated) NA-117 (NAROWAL-III)Result: Announced". Election Commission of Pakistan. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Pakistani pop star told to cut girl's name from song". Reuters. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- Official website
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AbrarUlhaqOfficialOne
- Youth Parliament of Pakistan Official Website: youthparliament
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/youthparliamentofpakistan/
- Darja-e-Shararat Official Website: www
.samaa .tv /videos /darja-e-shararat /
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SamaaShararat/
- Sahara for Life Official Website: saharaforlife
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saharaforlife.org/
- Sughra-Shafi Medical Complex Official Website: saharaforlife
.org /sughra-shafi-medical-complex-narowal /
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sughra-Shafi-Medical-Complex-Narowal-1050804825029169/
- Sahara Medical College Official Website: smc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saharamedicalcollegenarowal/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abrar-ul-Haq.|