Abrosimov (Russian: Абро́симов; masculine) or Abrosimova (Абро́симова; feminine) is a Russian surname. Variants of this surname include Abrasimov/Abrasimova (Абра́симов/Абра́симова), Abraskin/Abraskina (Абра́скин/Абра́скина), Abrosenko (Абросе́нко), Abrosenkov/Abrosenkova (Абро́сенков/Абро́сенкова), Abrosin/Abrosina (Абро́син/Абро́сина), Abroskin/Abroskina (Абро́с(ь)кин/Абро́с(ь)кина), Abroskov/Abroskova (Абро́сков/Абро́скова), Abrosov/Abrosova (Абро́сов/Абро́сова), Abroshin/Abroshina (Абро́шин/Абро́шина), Abroshchenko (Абро́щенко), Ambrosov/Ambrosova (Амбро́сов/Амбро́сова), Amvrosimov/Amvrosimova (Амвро́симов/Амвро́симова), Amvrosov/Amvrosova (Амвро́сов/Амвро́сова), Amvrosyev/Amvrosyeva (Амвро́сьев/Амвро́сьева), Obrosimov/Obrosimova (Обро́симов/Обро́симова), Obrosov/Obrosova (Обро́сов/Обро́сова), and Ovrosimov/Ovrosimova (Овро́симов/Овро́симова).
All these surnames derive from various forms of the given name Ambrose (Amvrosy), which is of Greek origin where it means god-like. Another possibility is that the surname derives from the Russian dialectal word "абросим" (abrosim), meaning a person who gives oneself airs, a person who plays the peacock.
- People with the surname
- Alexander Abrosimov (1948–2011), Russian mathematician
- Alexander Abrosimov, Russian volleyball player playing for Zenit Kazan in the 2012 FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship
- Alexey Abrosimov, one of the picks in the 2012 KHL Junior Draft
- Anastasia Abrosimova (born 1990), Russian triathlete
- Elena Abrosimova, double bass musician involved with recording Umoja, 2006 Dutch album
- Ivan Abrosimov, one of the referees during the 2014–2015 Russian Cup
- Kirill Abrosimov, Russian swimmer participating in the 2013 World Aquatics Championships
- Marina Abrosimova, real name of MakSim, Russian singer
- Pavel Abrosimov, Soviet architect, recipient of the Honorary Fellowship of the American Institute of Architects
- Sergei Abrosimov (born 1977), former Russian association football player
- Svetlana Abrosimova (born 1980), Russian basketball player
- Tamara Abrosimova, Soviet actress from Sentimentalny roman, a 1976 Soviet drama movie
- Yury Abrosimov, one of the volunteers killed during the 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine
- Abrosimovo, several rural localities in Russia
- Ganzhina, p. 11
- Fedosyuk, entry on "Абросимов".
- И. М. Ганжина (I. M. Ganzhina). "Словарь современных русских фамилий" (Dictionary of Modern Russian Last Names). Москва, 2001. ISBN 5-237-04101-9
- Ю. А. Федосюк (Yu. A. Fedosyuk). "Русские фамилии: популярный этимологический словарь" (Russian Last Names: a Popular Etymological Dictionary). Москва, 2006. ISBN 978-5-89349-216-3
|This page lists people with the surname Abrosimov. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|