Absecon Public School District
|Absecon Public School District|
|800 Irelan Avenue
Absecon, NJ 08201
|Superintendent||Dr. Theresa DeFranco|
|Business administrator||Tina Davisson|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||988 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
The Absecon Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade from Absecon, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For ninth through twelfth grades, public school students from Absecon attend the Pleasantville High School in Pleasantville as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Pleasantville Public Schools, with students also eligible to attend the Atlantic County Institute of Technology and Charter-Tech High School for the Performing Arts. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 746 students and 83.6 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.9:1.
- Elementary school
- H. Ashton Marsh Elementary School (grades K-4; 459 students)
- Joseph N. Giardina - Principal
- Middle school
- Emma C. Attales Middle School (5-8; 369)
- Steven Deo - Principal
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Dr. Theresa DeFranco, Superintendent of Schools
- Tina Davisson, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Board of education
- William A. Thompson III - President
- Dr. Thomas J. Grites - Vice President
- Chris Cottrell
- Keith Bennett
- Alex Corkhill
- Stan Kolbe Jr.
- Gerald Heones
- District information for Absecon Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- High school options, Emma C. Attles Middle School. Accessed December 8, 2016. "Absecon is a sending district to Pleasantville High School. There are other high school options for students."
- Prisament, Steve. "Taxes rising as more Absecon students opt for public high school", Shore News Today, March 10, 2011. Accessed May 23, 2011. "'The increase in high school tuition for 2011-'12 is the reason we qualified for a tuition adjustment and is the reason for our 6.1-cent tax increase,' Superintendent James Giaquinto said Monday, March 7. 'We have budgeted $363,000 for Charter Tech, $370,000 for Pleasantville High School and $375,000 for Atlantic County Institute of Technology.'"
- School data for Pleasantville High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Absecon Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Our Schools, Absecon School District. Accessed December 8, 2016.
- Public School Directory 2016-17, Atlantic County, New Jersey. Accessed January 18, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Absecon Public School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2016.
- H. Ashton Marsh Elementary School, Absecon School District. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Emma C. Attales Middle School, Absecon School District. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Atlantic County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Superintendent of School Home Page, Absecon Public Schools. Accessed December 8, 2016.
- Business Office Home Page, Absecon Public Schools. Accessed December 8, 2016.
- Board of Education Members, Absecon Public School District. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- Absecon Public School District Website
- Absecon Public School District's 2014–15 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Absecon Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics