|Origin||United Kingdom, Norway|
|Years active||2008 – present|
Absent Elk are a British pop rock band who formed in 2008. They have released two singles to date, and released their first album in October 2009. Their cover version of Girls Aloud's The Loving Kind posted on YouTube became a small phenomenon, and led to them being invited to support Girls Aloud on the first leg of their Out of Control Tour in spring 2009. The band's name comes from their Norwegian influence, as the band's lead vocalist, Kjetil Mørland, is from Norway, whom he represented at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 alongside Debrah Scarlett.
In 2008 the band supported headlining acts The Script and The Hoosiers, and in 2009 were invited to support Girls Aloud on the aforementioned tour. The band released "Sun & Water" in May and toured the UK in June. Their debut album, Caught in the Headlights, was released in October 2008.
|"Sun & Water"||17 May 2009||Sony Music|
|"Change My World"||November 2009|
|"Emily"||7 March 2010|
|"Let Me Know (Radio Edit)"||12 September 2010|
|"Comfort or Amuse (Charity Single)"||15 May 2011|
|Caught in the Headlights||18 October 2009||Sony Music|
- Kjetil Mørland – Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
- Ric Wilson – Drums, Backing Vocals
- James Penhallow – Bass
- Ross Martin – Guitar, Keyboard
- Mike Hillman – Guitar, Backing Vocals
- "Band Bio". Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- "Shoreham band Absent Elk to tour with Girls Aloud". Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- "Tour Kicks Off". Retrieved 8 March 2010.
- Lester, Paul (10 February 2009). "New Band of the Day". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 8 March 2010.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|