Abu Ishaq Al Heweny
|Abu Ishaq Al Heweny|
|Born||1956 (age 60–61)|
|Movement||the muslim brotherhood|
Abu Ishaq Al Heweny (Arabic: أبو إسحاق الحوينى, born June 1956) is a Salafi scholar. Born in the village of Hewen in Kafr el-Sheikh Governorate in Egypt. He issued a fatwa against Hamed Abdel-Samad in 2013 for writing a book on islamofascism. In 2015, the Egyptian Ministry of Religious Endowments initiated a campaign to remove any books authored by Salafi scholars including Al Heweny from all mosques in Egypt.
- Daily News Egypt: "Al-Nour Party seeks support of Salafi figures in parliamentary elections" November 7, 2015
- Muslim Village: "Egypt bans Salafi books from mosques" by ABU HUDHAYFAH June 28, 2015
- Bayat, Asef; Herrera, Linda (2010-08-19). Being Young and Muslim: New Cultural Politics in the Global South and North. Oxford University Press. pp. 173–. ISBN 9780195369212. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Hamed Abdel-Samad: "Meine Rettung war, das Land schnell zu verlassen"" (in German). Zeit Magazin. 2 August 2015. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Atheism in Egypt: Breaking the taboo". Qantara.de. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2016.