Abu Shusha, Haifa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Abu Shusha (Haifa District))
This article is about the former village in Haifa Sub-district. For the former village in Ramle Sub-district, see Abu Shusha. For the former village in Tiberias Sub-district, see Ghuwayr Abu Shusha.
lands of Abu Shusha
|Date of depopulation||9–10 April 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Military assault by Yishuv forces|
|Current localities||Mishmar HaEmek|
Abu Shusha (Arabic: أبو شوشة) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on 9 April 1948 during the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek.
It had a population of 720 in 1945.
- Morris, 2004, p.xviii, village #152. Also gives cause of depopulation.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abu Shusha, Haifa.|
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922 (PDF). Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p.41)
- Simha Flapan, "The Palestinian Exodus of 1948" in 16, no. 4 (Sum. 87): 3-26. Simha Flapan records HaShomer HaTzair member Eliezer Bauer, who was also a member of the Mapam Arab Department reporting during a discussion that the villagers of Abu Zrik and Abu Shusha were arrested or driven out and the villages were then destroyed.
- Guérin, Victor (1875). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 2: Samarie, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. (pp. 239-240)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. ( p. 142)
- Welcome To Abu Shusha
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 8: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Abu Shusha from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- Abu Shusha - District of Haifa, dr Khalidi
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|