|Municipality of Abulug|
The Nipa Haven of the North
Trading Center of Northwestern Cagayan
Map of Cagayan with Abulug highlighted
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jesus Emmanuel P. Vargas|
|• Electorate||16,581 voters (2016)|
|• Total||162.60 km2 (62.78 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)78|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||94,908,609.54 (2016)|
Abulug, (Ibanag: Ili nat Abulug; Ilokano: Ili ti Abulug; Tagalog: Bayan ng Abulug), officially the Municipality of Abulug, is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Cagayan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 32,497 people.
- Calog Norte
- Calog Sur (Center of Education in town)
- Centro (Poblacion)
- Santa Filomena
- Santo Tomas
- San Agustin
- San Julian
- Santa Rosa
|Population census of Abulug|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Abulug, Cagayan, was 32,497 people, with a density of 200 inhabitants per square kilometre or 520 inhabitants per square mile.
|Climate data for Abulug, Cagayan|
|Average high °C (°F)||25
|Average low °C (°F)||20
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||120
|Average rainy days||16.9||12.2||11.5||10.6||18.7||20.1||21.2||23.3||20.8||16.9||16.5||20.0||208.7|
|Source: Meteoblue |
- Apayao-Cagayan Medical Center
- Abulug Municipal Hospital
- Fungayao Specialty
- Butala Ophthalmology Clinic
Java Commercial Center - A commercial complex which houses hotel, boutiques, salons, financial firms, shopping center, restaurants and one of the largest drugstore companies in the Philippines, the Mercury Drug.
Hyundai Abulug Satellite - A car dealer company located along Maharlika Highway, Calog Sur, Abulug, Cagayan.
Philippine Resources Savings Bank - Abulug Maharlika Highway, Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Ficobank - Abulug Maharlika Highway, Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Rural Bank of Luna (Ap.) - Abulug Calog Road, Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Claveria Agri-based MPC Maharlika Highway, Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Claveria Farmers MPC Maharlika Highway, Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Masisit -Dacal MPC - Abulug Libertad, Abulug, Cagayan
Cooperative Bank of Cagayan - Abulug Maharlika Highway, Calog Sur, Abulug, Cagayan
Lucban Bridge - is the seventh longest bridge in the Philippines. The bridge has a length of 825 linear meters, consists of 12 spans with 436.90 linear meters in total length approaches.
Miraculous Image of Sta. Rosa de Lima
Rio de Abulug/Abulug River
Sta. Rosa Dragon Fruit Platations
Wine Making Industry
Abulug School of Fisheries
Abulug National Rural and Vocational High School
Libertad National High School
Divine Word High School - Dana-ili
Lyceum of Abulug
Abulug Central Elementary School
Alinunu Elementary School
Bagu Elementary School
Banguian Elementarry SchoolSchool
Calog Norte Elementary School
Calog Sur Elementary School
Canayun Elementary School
Dana-ili Elementary School
Dugo Elementary School
Guiddam Eementary School
Libertad Elementary School
Lucban Elementary School
Macugay Elementary School
Muru Elementary School
Pinaron Elementary School
Pinili Elementary School
San Agustin Elementary School
San Julian Elementary School
Sawang Elementary School
Sirit Elementary School
Sta. Filomena Elementary School
Sta. Rosa Elementary School
Sto. Tomas Elementary School
Tayak Elementary School
- Mire Tutorial Korean Center
- KorPhil Korean Language Training Center, Inc.
Maja Ross Andres "Aka Maja" Salvador - a model, singer, dancer, actress and producer of ABS-CBN management and she is regarded as the "Dance Princess". She is from Canayun, Abulug, Cagayan
Jeth Roy U. Rosario - a professional basketball player of TNT ka Tropa of PBA. He is from Alinunu, Abulug, Cagayan
Marlan Sabbun - Manguba - a professional dancer; Mrs. World Philippines 2014. She is from Centro, Abulug, Cagayan
Jamiko Allan "Aka Miko" Manguba - a singer and winner of the boyband show "To the Top" of GMA Network. The son of Marlan Sabbun- Manguba, the Mrs. World 2014.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Cagayan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of Barrio Colonia, Municipality of Abulug, Province of Cagayan, to Libertad". LawPH.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Cagayan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Abulug, Cagayan: Average Temperatures and Rainfall". Meteoblue. Retrieved 27 October 2018.