Abuta District, Hokkaido
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Towns and villages
- 1869: Upon the creation of 11 provinces and 86 Districts in Hokkaido, Abuta District is assigned to Iburi Province.
- 1897: Placed under Muroran Subprefecture (renamed Iburi in 1922).
- 1899: Kutchan transferred to Iwanai Subprefecture (became part of Shiribeshi in 1910).
- 1910: Shiribeshi Subprefecture forms from the merger of Iwanai, Suttsu and Otaru Subprefectures. Part of Abuta District incorporated.
- March 27, 2006: the towns of Abuta and Tōya, both of Iburi Subprefecture, merged to form the new town of Tōyako.
- 2007" The 34th G8 summit was announced to take place in Tōyako.
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|