|Look up Abyssinia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abyssinia may refer to:
- The Ethiopian Empire, which was historically known as Abyssinia, a nation that comprised the northern half of present-day Ethiopia. Note that "Abyssinia" does not refer to the ancient Kingdom of Aksum "Axumite Empire".
- Ethiopia, the modern nation remains known by its pars pro toto Abyssinia (used in limited context, for example in literature)
Jurisdictions and events
- Abyssinia Crisis, a Mussolini-engineered occupation and colonialism of Eastern Africa (1935–1944)
- Apostolic Vicariate of Abyssinia (initially Apostolic Prefecture of Abyssinia, later Apostolic Vicariate of Addis Abeba, Apostolic Exarchate of Addis Abeba, ultimately Metropolitanate sui iuris of Addis Abeba), the former Eastern Catholic missionary
- Abyssinia (battle honour)
- "Abyssinia, Henry", the 72nd episode of the television series M*A*S*H
- Abyssinian (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Abyssinia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.