Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Abyssinia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abyssinia may refer to:
- The Ethiopian Empire, which was historically known as Abyssinia, a nation that comprised the northern half of present-day Ethiopia. "Abyssinia" does not refer to the ancient Kingdom of Aksum.
- Abyssinia Crisis, a Mussolini-engineered occupation and colonialism of Eastern Africa (1935–1944)
- Ethiopia, the modern nation remains known by its pars pro toto Abyssinia (used in limited context, for example in literature)
- Apostolic Vicariate of Abyssinia (initially Apostolic Prefecture of Abyssinia, later Apostolic Vicariate of Addis Abeba, Apostolic Exarchate of Addis Abeba, ultimately Metropolitanate sui iuris of Addis Abeba), the former Eastern Catholic missionary
Arts and media
- Abyssinia (musical)
- "Abyssinia", a song by the Patti Smith Group on Radio Ethiopia
- "Abyssinia, Henry", the 72nd episode of the television series M*A*S*H
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Abyssinia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.