From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Abyssinia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abyssinia may refer to :
Places and jurisdictions
- Today's Ethiopian Empire, which was historically known as Abyssinia, a nation that comprised the northern half of present-day Ethiopia, and parts of present-day Eritrea. Note that this does not refer to the ancient Ethiopian Empire.
- the former Eastern Catholic missionary Apostolic Vicariate of Abyssinia (initially Apostolic Prefecture of Abyssinia, later Apostolic Vicariate of Addis Abeba, Apostolic Exarchate of Addis Abeba, ultimately Metropolitanate sui iuris of Addis Abeba)
- Ethiopia, the modern nation, historically known by the pars pro toto Abyssinia
- "Abyssinia, Henry" was the 72nd episode of the television series M*A*S*H. The episode was the last for the character of Henry Blake; "Abyssinia" was a reference to the word's slang use for "goodbye" ("I'll be seeing you").
- Abyssinian (disambiguation)
- History of Ethiopia
- Abyssinia Crisis (Interbellum)
- Abyssinia travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Abyssinia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.