|Type||Limited liability company|
|Industry||Software development, Internet|
ACADEMA is a privately held Slovenian engineering software development company, founded in 1992 and based in Ljubljana. The company is oriented to custom made solutions fitted to special purpose, based on: Modeling of Processes, Numerical Analysis, Optimization Methods, Geometric modeling, Topology, Artificial intelligence and Formal logic.
The name of the company is an acronym for Advanced Computer Aided Design Engineering Manufacturing Agency.
In the early 1990s, the company developed software for Civil Engineering, Mechanic of Structures, Computational Fluid Dynamics and CNC Machining, but later on, in the mid 1990s, moved to Geographic Information Systems and Geostatistics also. In the late 1990s, web services were developed, based on DHTML, ActiveX and Java. The transition to Internet-based systems affected the customer acquisition especially in the sphere of public utilities, particularly in reducing costs on client-side.
The above engineering systems are conditioned with the necessary basic knowledge in various fields, therefore the need for interdisciplinary is obvious.
Software engineering backgrounds are based on:
- Modeling of Processes,
- Numerical Analysis, specially Finite element method
- Optimization Methods – Vehicle routing, Job shop scheduling, Timetable,
- Geometric modeling – Geographic information systems and Geostatistics,
- Artificial intelligence,
- Formal logic.
Technical backgrounds are based on:
- Civil engineering,
- Mechanics of Structures,
- NC Machining,
- Storage, Fabrication and Transportation of Materials and Products.
- ACADEMA Application Server, Java EE Server + Model-driven architecture + Formal logic, with more than 200 modules, for Unix (Linux) or Microsoft Windows Platform (GeaBios GIS Public Service is running on that platform)
Most Slovenian viaducts between 1993 and 2004 were calculated with the program. The engineers in the Slovenija ceste Tehnika and the Gradis, the two of the largest construction companies in Slovenia, used programme for statical analyses of the prestressed bridge constructions.
- AVIATOR, tools and components to develop complex GIS applications
- Weather forecasting production system, based on ACADEMA Application Server
- AMEBA – Slovenian archive of the meteorological data
- GV System, Real estate appraisal modeling system (Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal)
- Automated Valuation Modeling, specially developed for handling mortgage loan portfolio (for banks), includes:
- ClueBoomBus, Distributed Data Warehouse/Data Marts of Streamed Linked Data as Knowledge BaseSystem
Free web information service
- "IST-2000-29493 Portfolio of Case Studies, University of Sheffield, European Commission – Geographic Network In Europe" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 April 2006. Retrieved 12 April 2006.
- "Spatial Data Infrastructure in Slovenia, State of play Spring 2005" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 May 2006. Retrieved 12 April 2006.
- "Preparing the National INSPIRE InfoDays (European Commission, Joint research Center)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Spatial Data Infrastructure in Slovenia, State of play Autumn 2006" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 September 2007. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "From INSPIRE to Slovenian SDI, State of play 2008" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- Real property appraisal modeling system
- Technical specification
- Poročilo o zagotavljanju infrastrukture za prostorske informacije v Republiki Sloveniji
- Theoretical basis and a computer program for preloading Liner elements combined preloading
- "19th EGOWS meeting 9th–12th June 2008, Ljubljana, Slovenia"
- Forecast Production System- Technology and Infrastructure
- Archive of meteorological data
- Real estate appraisal modeling system
- IMF Country Report No. 16/53 TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE REPORT—THE 2013 PROPERTY TAX ACT: EVALUATION OF ITS DESIGN AND THE EMPLOYED MASS VALUATION SYSTEM
- Geoinformation support the evaluation of property for taxation
- A Review of the Sale Price Appraisal Ratio Method
- ClueBoomBus White paper
- DIREKTIVA INSPIRE IN INFRASTRUKTURA ZA PROSTORSKE INFORMACIJE V SLOVENIJI 2010-04-15
- INSPIRE implementationin Slovenia, Krakow 2010