Academic Colleges Group
Academic Colleges Group (ACG) is a private company operating independent schools and property companies in New Zealand and Asia. The Group comprises a total of 10 schools in three countries with over 5000 students and 600 staff members. The company's educational services encompass pre-school learning through to university level. The schools are secular, uniformed, co-ed and teaching to the University of Cambridge International Examinations syllabus.
There are four ACG schools in Auckland, New Zealand: ACG Senior College, ACG Parnell College, ACG Strathallan, and ACG Sunderland. There are also three international schools within Auckland: ACG English School, ACG Norton College and ACG New Zealand International College. All three are located at ACG City Campus in central Auckland.
ACG is also an education exporter and is the owner of ACG International School Vietnam, and ACG International School Jakarta. The Group also owns the Australian International School, Saigon which uses the same campus in Ho Chi Minh City as ACG International School Vietnam for its Senior School. In October 2012 the group announced plans to merge the two schools in Ho Chi Minh and retire the ACG brand from Vietnam. The merged school will be known as the Australian International School (AIS)  despite an earlier announcement that the schools would not be merging and would retain separate cultures.
The company was founded in 1994 with Dawn Jones (ex-Diocesan School for Girls) and Sir John Graham (ex-Auckland Grammar School), both well-known New-Zealand educationalists on the board, but neither are currently directors or shareholders. They started by developing the idea of a senior school for Auckland (ACG Senior College). The idea was backed by financial advisers, including Danny Chan and Ian King, who contributed to the education business development. In February 2013 Waterman Capital took a 24% cornerstone shareholding in the company. ACG is currently headquartered on Queen Street in central Auckland.
ACG has won the following awards: 2011
- The Language Travel Magazine Awards for ‘LTM Star High School’.
- 2011 exporter of the year award in the consultants and services category at the Air NZ Cargo awards
- View All Details
- Dwyer, Krissy (2011-09-14). "ACG named world's best high school". Eduvac. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- ACG Senior College 18/11/2011 - Education Review Office Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "International AS/A Level Stage 2 Courses in Selangor". Cie.org.uk. 2008-04-09. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- ACG Parnell College 24/03/2010 - Education Review Office Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "ACG Parnell College recognises Year 11 scholar". Cie.org.uk. 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- ACG Strathallan Preschool 11/04/2011 - Education Review Office Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "CLAiT at ACG Strathallan". Cie.org.uk. 2008-01-28. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- ACG Sunderland 10/11/2010 - Education Review Office Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "E-News". Educationnz.org.nz. 2009-11-24. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "Approved education providers - Ministry of Education". Minedu.govt.nz. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- ACG English School, retrieved 23 April 2014
- Providers >> NZQA - ACG Norton College
- ACG New Zealand International College 16/06/2008 - Education Review Office Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Providers >> NZQA - ACG New Zealand International College
- ACG International Colleges NZ, retrieved 23 April 2014
- Business NZ, , June 17, 2011
- "ACG Website"
- "ACG Blog"
- "ACG Vietnam Newsletter"
- ACG Tauranga: About Us, retrieved 23 April 2014
- New Zealand Herald, , June 06, 2011
- The Boardroom Practice Ltd
- "Waterman invests in Academic Colleges Group." Archived February 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Stuff.co.nz, , August 5, 2011
- Language Travel Magazine
- stuff.co.nz, [permanent dead link], July 31, 2011
- scoop.co.nz, , June 20, 2011