Academy Independent School District
|Academy Independent School District|
|704 E. Main St.|
Little River-Academy, Texas
|Type||Independent school district|
|Motto||There is Love in every Bee|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||81.00 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.27 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division I|
|Colors||Forest Green, Gold|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $223,244,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.013 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Exemplary
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools.
- Regular instructional
- Academy High School (Grades 9-12)
- The principal in the 2011-2012 school year was Alex Remschel.
- Academy Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- Academy Elementary School (Grades Pre-K-4)
- Alternative instructional
- Bell County Alternative School
- JJAEP instructional (Grades 7-12)
- Academy JJAEP (Grades 5-12)
Academy High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Academy High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division I.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Academy Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Little River Academy High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.