Academy of Management
|Headquarters||Briarcliff Manor, New York|
|>19,000 in over 115 countries|
|Mary Ann Glynn|
The Academy of Management (AOM; the Academy) is a professional association for scholars of management and organizations that was established in 1936. It publishes several academic journals, organizes conferences, and provides others forums for management professors and managers to communicate research and ideas.
Upon registration, members of the Academy are granted memberships in two of its 25 divisions and interest groups; they may then pay an additional fee to join more. Each division focuses on a certain aspect of management, and each division has its own governing officers. As of August 2015, these divisions and interest groups include:
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Conflict Management
- Critical Management Studies
- Gender & Diversity in Organizations
- Health Care Management
- Human Resources
- International Management
- Management Consulting
- Management Education & Development
- Management History
- Management Spirituality and Religion
- Managerial and Organizational Cognition
- Operations Management
- Organization and Management Theory
- Organization Development and Change
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Communication and Information Systems
- Organizations and The Natural Environment
- Public and Nonprofit
- Research Methods
- Social Issues in Management
- Strategizing Activities and Practices
- Technology and Innovation Management
The publications of the Academy include the following:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Academy of Management Perspectives (formerly Academy of Management Executive)
- Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Academy of Management Annals
- Academy of Management Discoveries
The Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management draws more than 10,000 students, academics, scholars, and professionals in the scholarly management and organization space. It provides a forum for sharing research and expertise in all management disciplines through invited and competitive paper sessions, panels, symposia, workshops, speakers, and special programs for doctoral students.
The 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management was held August 4–8, 2017, in Atlanta, GA.
- Human resources development
- Human resource management
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Industrial sociology
- "AOM History". Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Pace University". Academy of Management. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "AOM site history". Academy of Management. Retrieved December 19, 2018.
- "AoM Divisions and Interest Groups". Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "FT Tope 40 Journals – 2006" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "Annual meeting". aom.com. Retrieved 2015-08-05.