Academy of Management Journal
|Journal of the Academy of Management|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Acad. Manag. J.|
|Edited by||Gerard George|
Academy of Management (United States)
The Academy of Management Journal a is peer-reviewed academic journal covering all aspects of management. It is published by the Academy of Management and was established in 1958 as the Journal of the Academy of Management, obtaining its current name in 1963. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 5.919, ranking it third out of 172 journals in the category "Management" and third out of 116 journals in the category "Business". In 2012 the journal was listed as one of the top 10 offenders in a practice called "coercive citation", wherein publishers manipulate their impact factors to artificially boost their academic reputation. It is also on the Financial Times list of 45 journals used to rank business schools and is one of the four general management journals that the University of Texas Dallas uses to rank the research productivity of universities.
- "Academy of Management Journal". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Management". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Business". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- Wilhite, A. W.; Fong, E. A. (2012). "Coercive Citation in Academic Publishing". Science 335 (6068): 542–543. doi:10.1126/science.1212540. PMID 22301307.
- "45 Journals used in FT Research Rank". Financial Times. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- "Rankings by Journal - Naveen Jindal School of Management - The University of Texas at Dallas". Jindal.utdallas.edu. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
|This article about a journal on management is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.